MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
In my perfect MINI world
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On September 20 I ordered a set of white Shelby Cobra Style bonnet and boot stripes from Cooper Flags. On September 21 my credit card was charged $143. I have yet to see the stripes delivered to my home. Several calls and e-mails have lead to only one return message and one e-mail.

Christian at Cooper Flags, in his one e-mail, claims the order was delivered by UPS ground. No package from Cooper Flags ever made it to my porch. UPS made a ground delivery here just today, as they do almost every week.

It has gotten to the point where I felt I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company. I did this Tuesday. Still no word from Cooper Flags.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have an issue with their policies: I ordered a sunroof decal in mid-August and paid for it by PayPal, which of course debited my checking account immediately. In late August, I received an apologetic email from the new Cooper Flags owner with an offer to issue a $30 refund check when the order shipped. In September, the decal finally arrived - BUT NO REFUND CHECK. Two subsequent emails to this chap have gone unanswered. This is a NAM sponsor? :mad:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Cooperflags has been transitioning to a change of ownership and people are reporting problems. I had problems as well but they were resolved by christian. You may want to post on NAM as they monitor that and sometimes respond.

·
In my perfect MINI world
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I have posted there as well. In my last phone message to Christian I stated that I did not want to dispute the charge with my credit card company nor did I wish to post on the on-line communities I frequented... My hand was forced.

·
Registered
145 Posts
here in the uk we get viper stripes at the dealers assume they are same as shelby?

two big stripes all over car....different colurs....assume thats what you have

Are the cooper flag ones better than your dealers

·
In my perfect MINI world
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shelby stripes do not reach down to the front bumper. They have rounded corners and a front side. Dealers in the US offer only one type of stripe that I do not really like for my MINI (it is wonderful on onthers, just not for me).

·
Registered
330 Posts
rellis, sorry to hear about your troubles... I was thinking of having a custom roof decal done by cooperflags, but have thought twice about it now... I hope things work out for you! If ya want I will come paint some stripes on fer ya ;)

·
In my perfect MINI world
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Craftnurd. I have found other places that sell stripes and roof graphics; Mightystripes for one.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I've been using Kevin Beck at Idlegear.co.uk for 2 Coopers now. I just ordered silver GT2 style bonnet & boot stripes. I haven't seen as wide a range of offerings from him as I've seen with Cooper Flags, but he does do custom, and it has alsways proven less expensive even though he's shipping from England. Plus he's just a super nice guy. :)

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
Oh dear... I was hoping I wouldn't find a post like this when I did a search on this forum for cooperflags today. I've been trying to contact cooperflags regarding an order for about two weeks now and have not yet had a reply to either my emails or my telephone messages.

I hope things get sorted out cus apart from the $$ they are the only place I've seen the exact stripes I want.. (the racing stripes off the cooperflags site).

I'll go to NAM forum and see if I can get a reply that way. I hope so.

·
In my perfect MINI world
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My stripes arrived today, one month and five days after they were ordered. No form of communication whatsoever in the package along with the stripes.

It would not have been an issue if the new owners of Cooper Flags had made better attempts at any sort of communication. Also the tactic of charging a credit card before an item ships is just a bad practice.

I am saddened as they have some remarkable looking graphics that I will not purchase due to my experience with them.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I'm glad to hear you did receive them. I sometimes suspect they actually send out to another company to get them produced.

In their defense, they are not charging your credit card. When you send money via paypal, paypal always deducts the money immediately and verifies it before it notifies the recipient. You should expect the same with anything else you buy with paypal (auctions, etc).

·
In my perfect MINI world
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks JWardell, I was unaware of that. I think then that I will do two things. I will apologize to Cooper Flags, AND cancel PayPal. I am just about at my "unverified" spending limit anyway and WILL NOT supply any bank info to them.

Thanks again,

reills

·
Registered
11 Posts
I spoke with Ed Bowers, one of the new owners of Cooper Flags yesterday afternoon. He was very apologetic about the poor job they've been doing getting back to people. He thinks they have sorted out the new responsibilities in their company and that they will do a better job from now on. I was getting ready to join the list of complaints with them but he was very cooperative with me and seems to sincerely want to make things right with everyone who had problems. I'm going to give them a chance (they also own a MINI and want to provide a cool product to the community) because I know it's tough taking over a business and I think their product is pretty great.

If they don't do a better job of dealing with their customers, they will be the ones to lose out so I hope they get it right from here on out. I guess only time will tell. Here's hoping we see more :D from Cooper Flags and no more :mad: !

Cheers, :cool:

Pete F.

·
In my perfect MINI world
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the reply Pete,

I am glad to hear that Cooper Flags realizes there is a problem. However, I still have a sour taste in my mouth from my communication difficulties and have not received any further communication. I do hope they can get their act together.

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
I got home tonight to find that there was an email from Christian at Cooperflags apologising for the delay in responding to my email (must be about two weeks) and saying that my goods had been shipped. Not the best written email but it did have an apology and my goods are apparently on their way.

Here's hoping that its all sorted out in the new business venture, and that they will a bit more communicative from now on.

I shall look forward to receiving my stripes now and hopefully it will be :D from now on...

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
Quick update - my stripes which were ordered on 30 Sept have arrived safely from Cooperflags. They look good (well as much as I can tell by looking at a roll of plastic!) and were extremely well packaged and I will hopefully be having them fitted next Tuesday.

Phew :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts