MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To my surprise, one of the Mini reps/dealers at the Toronto International Auto Show, this past Saturday, informed me that we (Canadians) won't have the white wheels as an option - at least not right away, due to as of now incomplete testing (in Canada, and U.S. I assume, too). If that's the case, then I won't be getting a red Mini, as I wanted white 16" 5-spoke wheels with it. I'll have to decide on a Dark Silver one w/S-spokes.

I don't know who to believe. I keep hearing different rumours from different people. The guy at the show who told me about not being able to get white wheels right away was from the BMW Canada head office, in Whitby, Ontario. He said he was informed of the news just a couple of days prior. I guess he'd be a more credible source, as he's from head office.

Also, another Mini rep at the show told me that I wouldn't see my Cooper 'S' til late Summer/early Fall. While another one said May.

I just want the truth!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Also, another Mini rep at the show told me that I wouldn't see my Cooper 'S' til late Summer/early Fall. While another one said May.
The late summer/early fall date is the one corroborated by the most sources. I have heard this expressed as late august/september as well. So, that is certainly what I was banking on.

If it's may, I'll do a happy dance.

Can anyone find out how much of a delay for the white rims? I think I might actually defer my spot in line for them.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
This thread is now dead. I've finalized my order, and it's comming with white wheels. It was on the list of available options and everything. We get 'em, because I got 'em.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I was wondering that myself. Since he HAS a Red/White MINI with white wheels, I took it to be positive.:D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
pbeirne said:

is "the dogs nuts" a good thing or a bad thing...?
It's some wacky UK thing. So far I figured this much out:

"the dog's bollocks" (a.k.a. the dog's nuts or testes) = a very good thing

But plain "bollocks" (no mention of any dog) = an outrageous thing

ergo: when bollocks are concerned, having them attached to a dog is very important

:)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Yup, it's a bit odd. And I'm even British and Scottish as recently as two generations ago. Canada being one of the Colonies as it were, you'd think I'd be more in tune with these terms.

I guess US television has polluted my mind. Because I'm sure as hell not watching Canadian television... Unless stuff filmed in Canada counts, like the X-Files.

I may miss some of the terminology, but at least I can watch films like Trainspotting and Snatch without subtitles. I saw Trainspotting on a US feed on our sattellite dish, and it was subtitled! Come on, it's still the same language. Sort of.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Note:

X-files stopped being produced in Canada and went to L.A. a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
X-files stopped being produced in Canada and went to L.A. a few years ago. [/B]
Geek test.:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
noahe said:

Geek test.:)
Noahe - SomeBlondeGuy is in Ottawa - you didn't need the Smiley - did you think he's going to come over here and thump you?

yours truly
-a leafs fan.

(now I better add in some smileys so SBG doesn't think I'm serious...)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am no geek.

I am not a fan whatsoever of the X-files.

I just have a keen interest in the Canadian Film Industry happenings, as my sister works in that field. (Have you heard of the show "Lexx"? My sister Art Directs that show.)

BTW, I'm not in Ottawa. I'm in Kitchener - 2nd home of Oktoberfest. :)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I'm sure you know we were kidding around. So, is this Lex made in Canada, or just filmed in Canada. Is it a US show?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lexx is a Canadian production. It is mainly filmed in Canada, but also sometimes in Arizona (when they need a desert to create the illusion of the surface of a planet). Lexx is a sci/fi series that is a product of Canada.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts