MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that everytime i drive off, after about a hundred yards I hear a noise from the front of the car. It sounds a bit like it would if I had some paper or cardboard stuck to a wheel (I don't!) and it was hitting the wheelarch. It only happens this once, but it always happens. Anybody else heard this???
I will have to take it back up to the dealers I suppose, but I don't want to be parted with it.

I LOVE HER!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks LMB

I checked the first link and discovered that two others (both moderators!) have this problem, although they describe it as a clunk from the front, its obviously the same thing.

If either Gazzaman, or Monsta (or anyone else with relevant experience) are reading this can they get in touch and let me know if anything developed as a result of you noticing the noise?

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Re: Thanks LMB

myfirstmini said:
I checked the first link and discovered that two others (both moderators!) have this problem, although they describe it as a clunk from the front, its obviously the same thing.
myfirstmini,

If the noise you mention is a 'Clunk', then it is nothing to worry about. Apparently the ABS does a system check everytime the car hits 12mph;it is perfectly normal.

If you read some of the other links, you will see that a conclusion is eventually reached.

LMB:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Clunk...

I had exactly the same with a Ford Puma. Always thought it was a problem, but consistently told (across garages) that it was an ABS reset/check and nothing to worry about... No problems other than a bit annoying...

Flowki

1 - 5 of 5 Posts