MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys:

I have honestly searched the forum for this topic, to no avail.

My three week shy cooper s has been making this squeaky sound when ever
the drivers side window is raised and/or lowered. When the window It's being open
it starts immediately and last until midway. Same goes when being closed; starts half
way up until fully closed.

Does anyone have a similar experience and how has your service department handled it?

Thanks for your input.

Best Regards,
:dsblack:

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Hi,

My window squueks a little when going down-But I have had mine Tinted-To overcome this I use Anti Mist stuff on the window-Its just like waxing the window, works a treat, It also helps against scratches.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
There are other threads on this - try searching for regulator.

However, mine had it's window regulator changed when I took it back for the same problem as yours.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My MCS is four days old and has decided to start making a similar noise on lowering the drivers side window. Is it likely to clear or am i now looking at a trip to the dealer in the near futire for bits to be removed and replaced?

·
Its not all small!
116 Posts
My 05 MCS was at the dealer yesterday for the same problem.. Theyve cleaned the window and used new seals... The noise has gone away yet they are ordering a new window.. Im not complaining.. Service was great!

My advice is.. take it back!

·
Regular
46 Posts
I Have same problem off & on
but I found out that after washing car I make sure to clean window and door rubber
seals to get rid of any dirt or grit that had built up. It seems to work fine

Oh yeh, another thing, if you wipe clean the bottom of door rubber with damp cloth
it gets rid of an annoying faint tapping sound that i sometimes get :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts