MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Have been lurking for a while...Got myself a Cooper S with the Chilli pack - and now I got myself a question. Went to the tyre place the other day for the other car and asked about runflats. The guy I spoke to seemed to think that you cannot put non-runflat tyres on the factory 17" alloys, because he said that the alloys were made for the run-flat tyres and that the profile of the beading at the edge of the alloys where the edge of the tyre sits is specific to runflat tyres, and therefore if you want to fit non-runflats you gotta get new alloys too, is this correct? Have searched the forums but couldn't find an answer to this, or maybe I missed it, thanks!

:dark:

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Well there's a few members on here who are running non-runflats on their S Spokes.

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Hi, I have 17 S Spoke with Toyo's-You can put Non runflats on those. Only thing is 1 Tyre Place said they would have to Phone BMW to get Permission to put non runflats on a Runflat car-needless to say I chose to go to a different place that happily swapped them across.
I can also say the ride is alot better with more grip. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi, thanks for such fast replys!

I had read tonys thread about ditching the runflats, its just that tyre dealer concerned me with what he was saying about the profile and stuff, making out as if the tyre was gonna fall off the wheel, but i guess if everyone else is changing them that should be ok!

Anyone know any good tyre fitters in west yorkshire (bradford/leeds) ((I know there is a thread for good fitters but no one mentioned anybody in west yorkshire))

thanks again :dark:

·
Registered
153 Posts
amalgam786 said:
hi, thanks for such fast replys!

thanks again :dark:

That is what makes this board so great. There exists no other group of enthusiasts that can compete with the politeness, knowledge, passion and willingness to help than what we have here at MINI2. I am not talking about Mini sites, I speak of any forum for anything. Go MINI2!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts