MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my dealer on the phone, saying that I had the wrong tyres on my car. Being spun the line that non runflats are dangerous the in S light rims, as the beading may not seat properly, anyone else had this? They have been on for 8000 miles, Has been to 2 different tyre shops for puncture repairs in that time, nobody has ever said anything, nor have I had any probs!

· Registered
2,559 Posts
They aren't dangerous, loads of us run non-runflats these days on the S-spoke :) .

· Track addict
5,935 Posts
Simon, I'm surprised you didn't give him stick mate....

Runflats should only be fitted to wheels with the extra lip designed into them, to stop them falling off when running with no air pressure.

Which is the absolute reverse of what mateboy was trying to tell you - which is where his confusion proibably came from.

· Registered
2,656 Posts
Oh, they're counting on people not knowing. Like the people that continue to pay rediculous prices after the warranty runs out. My dealer wanted $260 to install and balance 4 tires! A Goodyear shop did it for $93 all in.

Harry

· Registered
54 Posts
Non runflats refitted

My dealer has just refitted my Assimetricos onto a new set of S Lites (replaced under warranty - but that's a different story). Didn't mention a thing. The guy that fitted my tyres explained how it was the thickness of the sidewalls not the wheel that makes them runflats. Who remembers Dunlop Denovo? They had special wheels.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.