MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as you can see by the title... I had dramas!!

I left home to go to the post office to pic up my GbT - thanks Gaz and GoMiniGo it looks great and works well!!

Well on te way I stopped by work...

My work is on a busy - busy for Geelong anyway:p - road and a Light truck tried to sneak up the inside past my car to get the lights...

Well there wasnt enough room...

He took my mirror cap off, bending my mirror around...

Just as he did it I came out of work to find the bits down the road.

I gave chase on foot, but retreated to the Mini for the real chase.. I hooned through peak hour traffic (For geelong anyway - hehe:D) to find him but he was gone...

A person in the traffic yelled out to me and told me he had cut down the sidestreet near my work, so I headed back there...

Upon arriving back at work, the driver was there with all his details etc... told me he'd pay for everything...

So Im not happy, but happy at the same time... $140 later though... I get the new mirror cap Friday (- thanks Campbell!!;))

Todd

·
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The CF' s arent in the country yet!! Otherwise they would be:p

I tried that:D

Todd

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Bugger!

At least it ended well (as well as can be expected anyway :rolleyes: )

·
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got his plate as he drove off... so it was only a matter of time before I spotted him again and I would have struck in a much severe way;)

Lucky this was avoided... it could have been messy otherwise.

Now I've jus got to get the money from him...

Todd

·
Whatev.
2,878 Posts
Good to hear that there are people out there that do the right thing when they stuff up.

Speaking of which, somehow :rolleyes: the inside edge of my passenger side mirror cover (the black plastic bit) is all scratched up. Am still at a loss to figure out exactly what someone did to it to cause that!

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
Speaking of truckys who damage cars.
Last year my Brother had a tray top courier try to squeeze up beside him in his cranked STI WRX. The guy basically shreds the front right panel like a tin can (with my brother in the car screaming...) and then drives off knowing well what he is just done.
thinking he can outrun a super quick Sti he takes off with my brother in murderous pursuit. After he pulls him over yelling at him as to what he has just done, the dirty :bad::bad::bad::bad::bad::bad::bad: says "was'nt me mate, theres alot of delivery guys around".
Anyways, the :bad::bad::bad::bad: got a night in Gaol and a panel of lawyers suing him for grievance.
Panel damage - $1800, Legal Revenge - Priceless :D

ethos: Take responsibility for you actions

Im just glad that the guy owned up to his mistake Todd, its a rare thing in Sydney!!

·
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Nick...

You want a broken miror case to make a CF mould from??

Maybe you can engineer some sort of metal clips in them rather than some sketchy little plastic clips!!

Todd

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
Red&blackS said:
Hey Nick...

You want a broken miror case to make a CF mould from??

Maybe you can engineer some sort of metal clips in them rather than some sketchy little plastic clips!!

Todd
sorry, already ordered some mirrors through Craftsquare.
Check E-mail pics on way :)

·
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks mate!!

What style of Mirrors are you getting??

Have you gone with the jap style? or just getting covers?

Todd

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
Red&blackS said:
Thanks mate!!

What style of Mirrors are you getting??

Have you gone with the jap style? or just getting covers?

Todd
Is no Jap Style :D . But yeah that litle mirror look. Done by a Jap company called CraftSquare.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Its the worst thing that could ever happen...a hit and run!

it scares me how bad drivers can be...esp in Sydney's west...alot of crummy old cars with inexp drivers who dont give a damn wat car it is...if they parked next to a ferrari(highly unlikely) they wouldnt care and do the usual of openeing their door and nipping the car ever so slightly(then again, they prob dont knw wat a ferrari is).

Im driving a new civic and i get paranoid parking my car in a praking lot...imagine if i had my mini (ill be freaked!)....just cant stand it when ppl dont consider other ppl's car!

·
Registered
83 Posts
i had a friend who was driving on a highway and cut infront of a motorcycle...it wasnt that close but it :bad::bad::bad::bad:ed the biker off...then at the next traffic lights, he drove up the queue and kicked my friends lights out!!! what schock! and in a situation like that, what else can you do but to run out and confront the guy...being the 18yo agrresive he is, he ran towards the biker and fly-kicked him off the bike as he tried to ride off!!! lol! my friend drove off while the guy lied trap on under the bike....it was a major traffic light and everyone witnessed it...no one helped....got what he deserved! :mad: you gotta be careful when driving in sydney...anything coould happen.

·
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im with Micky on this one!!

If I was on the bike... I think I would have let him know what I thought - maybe not so harshly, but having riden bicycles around busy areas for many years, I can tell you that the level of care many use is just not good enough!!

I once got hit by a car in a Safeway carpark when it backed out into me... destroyed my bike, left be with some MASSIVE gougs out of my legs... the women was like "I didnt even see you there!!"

IT was a real shame considering I was wearing a cycling top and a BRIGHT yellow helmet ona white bike at 5pm!! My guess isthat she just had more important things on her mind like whether she got the bread rather than someone elses life...

Todd

·
what was the speed limit?
102 Posts
As someone who has a motorbike licence there is two sides to this, yeah for sure you should have looked but then again some riders just sit in blind spots not thinking that the driver cant see them!..when im riding i make sure the driver has seen me by trying to make eye contact with them in the mirrors...But i would be very angry if someone kicked my light in!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts