MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Northerner in t'south
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my MINI when I lived up north so have no knowledge of dealers near Oxford. Noticed that the leather on the base of my drivers seat has come away from the seat exposing the foam in the seat, a known fault.

Took the car in to North Oxford MINI who immediatly agreed to change the seat. Offered a loan car. Great, thought I.

Arrived back at the dealers to collect and was told the seat was fixed and the car was cleaned outside. I walked out to the car, noticed they had washed it REALLY badly (half the back end caked in dirt, smears all over the glass), opened the door and the seat was exactly the same!!

When I went back in they had another look then said, "well, we don't think we can make it any better. Its a known fault but if we recover the seat it will be just the same so there is no point in doing it."

Well it wasn't like that when I bought it, the other seat is fine and all the cars in their showroom are fine so obviously whether it is a known fault or not, an improvement is possible. I pointed this out to which I was told any fix wouldn't work.

If this was the case, why did they offer to change the seat? Why did they tell me it was fixed? Why did the job sheet say it was fixed when they hadn't touched it?

Surely they should at least make an attempt at repairing the fault. Surely, I have the right to expect that they try?

6 hours and all they do is wash the car. Badly.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Northerner in t'south
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Lorraine!!

Cr*p service!! Changed the sig now too to show my feelings to a wider audience. Don't worry, I'm not done with this :D

Yeah liking it down here. Starting to meet a few people and works not bad. Bloke at work got an S just like yours!

Just not a fan of my MINI dealer. Service is due soon too. Might be a trip back up north for that :(

·
Beginning a new era
12,809 Posts
No plans to change it yet then? We've been thinking about changing ours, then we decide not to then.... ohhhhh decisions decisions :rolleyes:
I think Steve's been into Almondbury, amongst others (I think it's the saleswomen that are the real attraction ;) )
I would hope you'd get better service up here but thats not the point is it... it should be good everywhere :(

·
Northerner in t'south
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heh! There is a nice one at Almondbury!!

I rang them after leaving the other place. They say they know of the fault and should be able to "at least offer you some improvement". Going to email them piccies as a 330 mile round trip on the off chance isn't really practical!

Was going to get an all black S this summer. Almondbury offered me a cracking deal, ( I mean really amazing!!) but when I found out the property prices here even their offer wasn't good enough :( Think I'll wait for my pay review in April and if I'm not crying I'll take the plunge. Oh, and it won't be from North Oxford Garage!

Wish they still did Indi Blue though. I'd have another in IB/W.

·
runningmini
65 Posts
just so u know, i found that garage useless as well.

left me waiting for 10 minutes before even talking to me

sales guy was useless and uninterested, i talked more about the car than he did.

left me with really bad impression.

i ended up getting my mini over 60miles away from where i live but there was no way i was going to send the car i wanted to oxford. didn't think they deserved it! ended up getting much better service elsewhere and they got my money!

·
Registered
26 Posts
North Oxford Garage - good experience

Mmmm,

We have just ordered our car from this garage and found the Saleslady (person?) Sarah really helpful!

She new the car spec's very well gave us a really good test drive (in 2 diffierent models) and more importantly spoke to my wife (not to me) when she found out that she was the person who was buying.

After sales - only time will tell!

Brian

·
Registered
755 Posts
We've never had a problem with North Oxford, always really helpful and get the job done.

They managed to bring our order for a Cooper S forward by about 6 months and we ended up with a launch day car - we've since had two further MINIs from them - Richard (Loosemoose)'s ONE and the new Cooper S Convertible.

Maybe you caught them on an off day, I thought they were considered one of the good 'uns :confused:

Martin

·
MINI2 Muppet
885 Posts
I got my car from them. Sarah was very good although she was new when I brought my car. Obviously, she didnt know the spec's too well but was pleasent and friendly which was what we wanted.

The last service i went in for wasnt great - waited 30 minutes before I could get served. But the work was well done and I came to the conclusion that the service was free so dont be too fussy!

·
Northerner in t'south
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Minty said:
you could always pop it in to Damon Hill...they are not that far away :)

Its booked into Almondbury in Huddersfield for next time I go back home. Send them photos and they've said they'll change the seat. Pretty definite fix I would think!

Might bring it to Damon Hill for service though. Like you say, not too far :)

·
Northerner in t'south
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Latest on this is MINI UK replied to my email stating that they contacted NOG asking them to ring me.

Heard nothing.

:mad:

·
Northerner in t'south
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was the MINI team. They have seperate locations for the 2.
I used to deal with the BMW service team at my old dealer and they were great.
I always found the BMW guys at Scotthall Leeds really helpful too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nog...

I too have had problems with NOG....I, like you, have brought the car at a different dealership and altho they say they will help there are always problems. They have denied problems then a recall comes out and they admit it. I am thinking of getting my service etc done elsewhere but the closest dealer is either Leamington Spa or Damon Hill in Coventry!

Jackie in service was the nicest person there...always helpful etc but she left about 9-10 months ago now.....

·
Mini-Holic
200 Posts
richhamer said:
It was the MINI team. They have seperate locations for the 2.
I used to deal with the BMW service team at my old dealer and they were great.
I always found the BMW guys at Scotthall Leeds really helpful too.
im gettin my mini from scotthall leeds, even the nog garage isnt far away at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey Lorraine!!

Cr*p service!! Changed the sig now too to show my feelings to a wider audience. Don't worry, I'm not done with this :D

Yeah liking it down here. Starting to meet a few people and works not bad. Bloke at work got an S just like yours!

Just not a fan of my MINI dealer. Service is due soon too. Might be a trip back up north for that :(
Well im sorry if thats all you have to complain about then i think something is wrong.The product has NOT let you down has it , because im sure that we all would here about that!Take a look at the bigger picture .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.