MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, thought I'd start a new thread as it traditional for the post-run pictures, video and chat. :)

It was a great weekend, Denise and I thoruoghly enjoyed the run, and meeting old acquaintances, and making new friends too..............:D

I hope we can get to do it all again sometime, sooner rather than later.

The usual high jinks occurred - we have the roads, the scenery, the Babes, and the Guinness...........I'm sure the upcoming pictures and video will bear it all out. :D

Here are a few from me, with more to follow.

Once again, we would like to thank everyone who came from the four corners of the country and who helped to make it a great weekend. :)

Here is a group shot from this morning in the hotel, everyone looking remarkably well, all things considering.

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are a few more, on the beach yesterday, and in the rain this morning in one of the first little towns we passed through.............:)

Attachments

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
Aiden.... I'd just like to say a bit thankyou for all your effort in organising the run...not an easy task I'm sure :) It really was excellent and took in some amazing parts of Donegal (including a few unplanned bits ;) ) I would have loved to stay for the full route today, but maybe next time :). I made it home safe and sound a couple of hours ago and I'll post a few pics tomorrow when I manage to get them downloaded.

Cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
836 Posts
Well, we got back home to Dublin safe and sound!

Once again, thanks so much to Aiden for all his hard work and effort.

It was a fun weekend, regardless of my little incident, no serious damage done to me my car or my passenger so we can already laugh about it!

Glad I enjoyed my first run witha really great bunch of people, also, I know they aren't members on here but a special thanks to Joe and Martin for getting us back on the road!

Here's some of the pics I took! :D

Thanks again, met some really great people, we'd lots of fun!

Lou
x

·
Don Vito
17,160 Posts
great pics so far :cool:

i'll be there for MtoM next year ;)

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
Great Weekend!!!

Hi
Back now a while and i am shattered!!
I want to thank Denise & Aiden for organising a great weekend which was action packed. It was a great driving route. I saw parts of the NorthWest that i would have never have seen. I met some great new interesting people and i really enjoyed myself , talking drinking and driving!!!!

And i took some back roads on the way home to make the journey home a bit more interesting :D :D :D, those main roads were no fun :D:D

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
thanks Aiden & Denise for a great weekend, just trying to get my pictures sorted so i will post some later

Unfortunately, the weekend ended with Alan and myself getting pulled over for speeding and were issued with fines :rolleyes: , any1 know will this affect my Northern License?

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
1,150 Posts
Well we are back in the PRC , thanks Aiden and Denise again for a fun weekend . it was good to meet some old friends as well as some new faces , looking forward to next year already , and remember guys follow up on the Charity element of the run and get Lou the €€€€€€ and cards .
Gerard.

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
1,150 Posts
jpsmini said:
thanks Aiden & Denise for a great weekend, just trying to get my pictures sorted so i will post some later

Unfortunately, the weekend ended with Alan and myself getting pulled over for speeding and were issued with fines :rolleyes: , any1 know will this affect my Northern License?
Was it a 'camera' or a handheld ' radar device ' ? , in other words do they have proof in the form of a photo or printout ? , if not the courts are throwing out all cases .. next move is dependant on which you were ' caught with ' . I think if you pay the fine they can't impose points YET , I know it is coming on stream at some stage throughout Europe where points / penalties can be transfered over borders / police forces . I can check with a friendly Garda here and get back to you , btw how fast were you going ? .
Gerard

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
jpsmini said:

Bad luck there lads!:(

I take it you were stopped in the South??
It shouldn't effect you license, pay the fixed penalty and you should be OK. Although they will probably send you out a letter saying that points will be added to your license, but they can't enforce it;) .....I got this when they gave me the fixed penalty on MtM.
was it just a fixed penalty???:confused: ...is there any chance of court proceedings?

·
JP :-)
1,901 Posts
we were overtaking some guys going down a hill, and the garda said we were both doin in the mid 80's region which both Alan and myself found hard to believe, I am not sure if they have evidence, they were sitting in a car at the top of the hill so I assume that had some form of camera, he just said to send the money to Sligo Garda Station, but didnt mention anything about court etc

tbh, I would say we were breaking the speed limit but not in the region they suggested, I think I will just pay the 80Euro fine and hopefully the points cannot be issued because of my northern license, I dont think I went over 55 the rest of the way home so I learnt my lesson ;)

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
Oh !...and we're back home too! safe & sound, and No Points!!!

Just like to add our thanks to Aiden & Denise for organising such a great weekend. from the route, to the feeding to the minibus. It was just so much fun, and was great to meet so many new faces, and to see that they are equally as nuts as the last lot we had over!;) :p

Very much looking forward to next event.......whatever and whenever that will be??:confused: :p :D

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all guys.............:D

JP and Alan, I think you will be OK, pay the fine, get the points notice, but they can't be applied to a NI licence as yet.........;)

Ok, whats the next run, and I want more pictures ! :D

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Irlmin said:
Well we are back in the PRC , thanks Aiden and Denise again for a fun weekend . it was good to meet some old friends as well as some new faces , looking forward to next year already , and remember guys follow up on the Charity element of the run and get Lou the €€€€€€ and cards .
Gerard.
:eek: Doh..................:eek:

Forgot about the auction...............:(

Oh dear, well, maybe we can have an online auction? Some of the prospective MtMers might be interested, and we can raise the few € for Lou? ;)

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
AidenL said:
:eek: Doh..................:eek:

Forgot about the auction...............:(

Oh dear, well, maybe we can have an online auction? Some of the prospective MtMers might be interested, and we can raise the few € for Lou? ;)
What about Ebay??? post a link to it and say it's for charity!

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ONED said:
What about Ebay??? post a link to it and say it's for charity!
Good idea, need a piccy? You are the ebay expert Barry, maybe you could set that up in the next week or so? :)

1 - 20 of 225 Posts