MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Pap!
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After speaking to Russell on Saturday night he has asked me to pass this on to the M2 peeps.

Well this is the OCM's first run and would appreciate as large a turnout as possible! It takes place on Sunday 26th October, hope the dates free for most hence planning it so far in advance!

We will be meeting on the mall in armagh city, and the time will be confirmed as soon as i find out from the organisers... any problems or inconveniences with the run pm me!

We will be stopping for food in Digby's in Killylea, so if you're interested in attending let me know in advance, as we may need to pre-book... The run won't be overly long (around an hour and a half's driving) but its more about meeting up with like-minded people and having a bit of banter...

It may be worth mentioning that some of the roads planned on the run are quite narrow and are some of the best roads i've ever navigated on and are definitely the finest roads in South West Armagh!

So i hope we can make the OCM's first run a big one and a memorable one :)

Who's in???

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
I'm in if the MINIs back on the road by then! (sarcasim)

Is there something else on that weekend.....? Hmmmm :hmph: Maybe not

·
The Pap!
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought they were highly anti MINI from what ive heard firsthand and from others?
THEY aren't ;) my darling cousin thought he could start up a little club all on his own, but he failed miserably.... and its Russell who has done all the organising, and since the invitation has came directly from him i think its safe to say that all minis/MINIs are more than welcome :)

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
THEY aren't ;) my darling cousin thought he could start up a little club all on his own, but he failed miserably.... and its Russell who has done all the organising, and since the invitation has came directly from him i think its safe to say that all minis/MINIs are more than welcome :)
ahhhhhhhhh ;)

:D

·
t o t a l m i n i . c o m
2,758 Posts
I just need to see how my work is going at the mo with on cal etc! but def put me down as a maybe or no and ill let you know asap!;)

·
Whining....
1,901 Posts
50/50 at the moment - not sure which car to take either. I suspect Russell would probably prefer no MINIs on the run but the mischevious part of me thinks the more the better..... ;) :ninja20lz::evil5jv:

·
The Pap!
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
50/50 at the moment - not sure which car to take either. I suspect Russell would probably prefer no MINIs on the run but the mischevious part of me thinks the more the better..... ;) :ninja20lz::evil5jv:
Russell doesn't mind TBH, i think he's more concerned about the fact that Philip didn;t get his finger out and help with the organisation :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
THEY aren't my darling cousin thought he could start up a little club all on his own, but he failed miserably.... and its Russell who has done all the organising, and since the invitation has came directly from him i think its safe to say that all minis/MINIs are more than welcome
Russell doesn't mind TBH, i think he's more concerned about the fact that Philip didn;t get his finger out and help with the organisation :eek:
I'd love to know where you get your information. Myself and Russell are reading this now and quite frankly I'm shocked.:angry: Yes the OCM is a minis only club but we stated at the start that any event we organise publically, will be open to all. So you're more than welcome to attend in MINIs or minis. Thats right I, Phil the failure am inviting MINIs. Shockin ain't it?:eek::rolleyes:

Phil

·
The Pap!
17,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
from what i could gather from several other people, russell has done the vast majority of the organising for this event.... including letting me know about it and confirming dates... have i been misinformed???

·
NickyJ warmed mine too!
135 Posts
I'd love to know where you get your information. Myself and Russell are reading this now and quite frankly I'm shocked.:angry: Yes the OCM is a minis only club but we stated at the start that any event we organise publically, will be open to all. So you're more than welcome to attend in MINIs or minis. Thats right I, Phil the failure am inviting MINIs. Shockin ain't it?:eek::rolleyes:

Phil
I was always under the impression from Russell that OCM was for both older and new minis, and from what i have seen Russell put in alot of effort in trying to get the OCM up and running after a rather poor start and interest, as well as 'gathering up the troops' for attending tomorrow run, i just hope after that post that it doesnt effect tomorrows attendannce after the work Russell has put in making MINI's welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
NickyJ warmed mine too!
135 Posts
Pretty sure it is a Classic Only club but open invites on runs.
This I may have misinturpretted but i thought that newer minis were allowed due to there being a number of people in the vacinity of Armagh with them, who have played a valuble part in the mini scene in recent years

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep Niall your right,

OCM is a classic mini group. Who have struggled to start off but are getting stronger. However all runs that are posted publically are MINI friendly.:D It seems I have made a bad name for myself and apparently HATE all MINIs. Boooooo.:p This is however wrong. I like MINIs, I'll even allow you to quote me on that.:smile: So seriously the more the merrier. And yes Russell has contributed massively for this run, as I was not available at the start of the planning due to other commitments. (I had a crap car to MOT). So the only place my finger has been jammed is in the tool drawer.:rolleyes:

So who's up for a class run? We went out and checked the roads for floods today and only one road is dodgy. But in your BIG cars I doubt they'll affect you.:p :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts