MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Power Cube
Joined
·
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

I have seen very few Works S's in the northwest.
I'd like to get a feel for how many there are, so if you have one please let me know.
State location, colour, and bhp.

1) South Manchester, Dark Silver / black, 210. (me)
2) Stockport, Dark Silver / black, 210 (andeh)
3) Mid-Cheshire, Electric Blue / black, 210 (scone)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

(So far we are an exclusive few - I wonder how many more will come out of the woodwork...?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,466 Posts
I don't think you see very many at all to be honest ;)

I live in the Midlands, and I can count the number I have seen on two hands out and about... we are a pretty stealthy bunch us JCW'ers :D
 

·
The Power Cube
Joined
·
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wibbly said:
I don't think you see very many at all to be honest ;)

I live in the Midlands, and I can count the number I have seen on two hands out and about... we are a pretty stealthy bunch us JCW'ers :D
So what fun have you had in your works s then ? (is it 200 or 210?)
Personally I can't wait to 'legally' and 'safely' overtake a civic type-r. they think they are sooooo godly ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,466 Posts
Cooper S Works said:
So what fun have you had in your works s then ? (is it 200 or 210?)
Personally I can't wait to 'legally' and 'safely' overtake a civic type-r. they think they are sooooo godly ;)
Sssshhhhhh...... ;)

I always have fun in my Works, its just an unwritten rule on here not to talk about it ;) :D :p
 

·
The Power Cube
Joined
·
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
andeh said:
There should be another JCW 210 late december in the Manchester/Stockport Area

DS/B :) cant wait
Cool - that's my area.
 

·
Taller Than You!
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
I've seen quite a few S's around but have never seen one JCW around manchester the only one ever i've seen on the road was in Huddersfield an all black one think number plate was LUCY something

And bar that my dealer Benham Stockport Mini has one for sale
EB/B with JCW wheels and aero kit.

Oh and u can update the colour on your list.. it will be Dark Silver / Black Roof :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
To be honest the ride is much better than i thought it would be, its still quite harsh, but not as harsh as the s-spokes that were on before and the new run-flat tyres provide a lot more traction.
 

·
Taller Than You!
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Bit of a relief then, i'm getting the same wheels with the runflats supplied. I've only test driven the 17 S Spokes with run flats, and the ride on those is fairly firm.
 

·
The Power Cube
Joined
·
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
scone said:
Ive got an EB/B JCW 210 and i live in Mid-Cheshire, sometimes get into Manchester.
Superb - love the body kit !

I test drove a works back in June (200 bhp) and that had 18" Works wheels - it was this drive that made me decide to trade in and get a new JCW MCS. It felt very stable and sure of itself. I am getting those 18" Dare X-4 (west tuning) wheels in the next weeks or so - will I need the steering limiter on for these too ?

I mainly drive in the heart of cheshire - some really great roads, and I know the area very well. Spent 3 hours racing round today, breaking my car in and overtaking everybody - roll on 1250 miles.....

.... and 6950 revs !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
I wouldnt bother with any steering limiters, there are quite a few 18" wheel owners on the forum and none of them have experienced any major problems. The only thing the limiters do on my car is make me look very amatuer in car parks when everything i do turns into a 4 point turn.
The roads around middle of Cheshire are great for nobody being around, but they seem to be suffering from a lack of investment at the moment and all the potholes seem to be merging into one giant pothole.
 

·
The Power Cube
Joined
·
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
scone said:
I wouldnt bother with any steering limiters, there are quite a few 18" wheel owners on the forum and none of them have experienced any major problems. The only thing the limiters do on my car is make me look very amatuer in car parks when everything i do turns into a 4 point turn.
The roads around middle of Cheshire are great for nobody being around, but they seem to be suffering from a lack of investment at the moment and all the potholes seem to be merging into one giant pothole.
Mmmmm - there are good and bad places. Jodrell Bank area seems to be OK. You also get some fast cars to prove yourself to with it being 'Cheshire' :D :D :D

So - only the three MCSJCW's in the NorthWest then ????? :D - give it a few weeks...
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top