MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed an old thread regarding NW Mini and wanted to get the latest opinions on the dealership before signing on the dotted line. So far I've been pleased with my experience, but am more curious what happens after delivery??

My intent is to order a Pepper White MC with CVT. I'm told that delivery will be in 5 to 7 months. So much for immediate gratification. Anyway, would appreciate your input, and if anyone wants to dispel the seemingly prevalent rumor of poor reliability - I'm all ears.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
There have been periodic concerns about service at NW MINI in the past. The general consensus is that most related to a previous Service Manager who has been replaced.

Come join us at www.psmini.org. We have a great local club and the website has a forum where this subject has been discussed at length. NW MINI has even provided us with a forum representative who advises on various service related subjects and concerns.

Please be a little patient. We have been having server difficulties for the past few days but repairs are underway.

Rob

·
MINI2 New-ish
29 Posts
My new MCC should be arriving at the Fife dealer in 3-5 weeks. I keep watching that Owners Lounge!

I found the sales staff (Tomio Blakey specifically) did a fine job and was very knowledgable and helpful. I "signed" with him on my second trip there.

I hope to buy a set of mats and a car cover for my MINI when it arrives. Have people had good luck getting these from NW MINI? Or other 3rd party recommendations?

Also, Rob - does a membership in the PSMINI club get 10% off the mats and cover from NWMINI or is that for other, smaller-ticket items?

Thanks,
JR

·
Registered
44 Posts
Northwest Mini

I was not too impressed by Northwest Mini. I was wanting to order a MCS and was put on a waiting list to get on a waiting list. That was 3 months ago and I have not heard back from them. I was told a 12 to 18 month waiting period was normal. So a month ago I ordered a Mini from Mini of Nashville and it is already in the production phase.

·
going or coming?
1,215 Posts
Bing that wait sounds normal. I went to Salt lake for that reason. I did really like Tomio (I had an order in with him that I later canceled to save 6 months wait). I've had the car in to Fife for service (minor stuff) and they were nice - gave me no reason to complain.

·
Muh MINI and me :)
80 Posts
JRowley said:
My new MCC should be arriving at the Fife dealer in 3-5 weeks. I keep watching that Owners Lounge!

I found the sales staff (Tomio Blakey specifically) did a fine job and was very knowledgable and helpful. I "signed" with him on my second trip there.

I hope to buy a set of mats and a car cover for my MINI when it arrives. Have people had good luck getting these from NW MINI? Or other 3rd party recommendations?

Also, Rob - does a membership in the PSMINI club get 10% off the mats and cover from NWMINI or is that for other, smaller-ticket items?

Thanks,
JR
Tomio is my MA as well. He's good people. Nothing but nice things to say. He's the dealer you want.:D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey, so is there any truth to the rumor of another MINI dealer in the Seattle area. Or still just NW MINI?

·
PSMINI Member
4 Posts
Worth the wait...

Bing said:
I was not too impressed by Northwest Mini. I was wanting to order a MCS and was put on a waiting list to get on a waiting list. That was 3 months ago and I have not heard back from them. I was told a 12 to 18 month waiting period was normal. So a month ago I ordered a Mini from Mini of Nashville and it is already in the production phase.
As far as the waiting goes, I think that's about normal no matter where you go, and just gets longer the further away from Oxford you are (the PNW is kind of far...). I picked up my MCS while in Italy, and it still took over six weeks after the ink dried:puzzled:. That was with land delivery (Chunnel make delivery faster!) AND my intercepting the vehicle near Venice, instead of waiting the additional week for delivery to Sardinia. NOW, add the fact that ONLY Coopers are sold in the US (adding to backlog), and that the fastest way is still by boat into NY/NJ, THEN driving cross country... you get the drift... the wait is WAY worth it, either the two to four weeks for delivery in the UK, up to the 12 months for the US and 18 months for Australia (I've been told, at least to Brisbane area).:D

·
Mini Tragic
491 Posts
Sydney delivery, currently is about 3 months, from "the ink drying".

I've been to Fife NW Mini. My son bought a plastic mini robot from the dealership.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts