MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a happy bunny Just broke my Mini:(…..Nothing serious the bulb was not working above the registration so went to get it out and followed the instructions, even being what I thought was gentle I broke the plastic surround at the edge so now the cover is off it……………….basically the whole plastic bit under the chrome cover for the boot lock.

Any idea what this will cast me?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s the plastic bit the len fits into if you get what I mean. More or less the underside of the boot handle. I wish it was just the clear lens………

·
Registered
988 Posts
When mine fell off (on a 2003), I think it cost me about £3 / £4

EDIT - Aaahh, it's the boot handle. The above price was the lense. Does the lense clip in still? If so, I'd just stick with that.

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
Is it a chrome one? Because if so I have one that was on the car for a month sitting in a box in my garage!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The whole car is chrome but its not the chrome that’s been affected more the underneath plastic fitting. I don’t know do you have to buy the complete thing?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah its the whole part the chrome as well...I'd really like it fixed but the bulb was changed and the lens glued back in at the dealers....looks fine. if the Bulb blows I'll have to get the lens off but as the dealer said they last for ages.

Kicker is the bulbs are under warranty so if I had just gone in on Friday they would have done it for me……..

Troy why did you change your one? how much would you be wanting for it if its the right one, my coop is a 57 plate.

And thanks Oj thats what i was looking for last night, but could not find it.

it was either £54 or glued and looks fine.

still annoying as hell to clip a plastic bit off the car.

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
Mine is an 08, didn't like the chrome so changed it for a Chilli Red one to match the car, thanks of course to Gristy! I'll have a think about pricing, not sure what the going rate is.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don’t get me wrong it’s looking fine and seems sound but the plan would be to keep a new one till the service next year and get them to fit it then. To be fair it’s a bit anal as you cant see it but I know there is a wee bit gubbed.

Did the dealer change it for you or someone else?

And I agree with you on the red mini your red one would look better as my car is silver the chrome just sets it off.

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
Well I bought the Red one from Gristy as he changed his for a chrome one and he fitted it for me. Only a few torx screws and took a few minutes, pretty simple job to be honest.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
took a few minutes, pretty simple job to be honest.
Your talking to the numpty that broke it in the first case trying to get the bulb out! :hmph:Best left to the guys that know what there doing…great that he did that for you all the same….

Any idea if you want to part with your chrome one?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts