MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mini OneS Owner
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grr :mad:

I just rung my dealer (Scotthall, Leeds) and they quoted me 1.5 hours labour to code the Xenon retrofit kit on my car!? Considering according to the guide it should take 1.5 to do the entire thing, I find this incredible. How much are people having to paid to have a simple job like this done? Is there any dealers people recommend?

Horgy

·
Mr 120d Sport
4,610 Posts
Horgy said:
Grr :mad:

I just rung my dealer (Scotthall, Leeds) and they quoted me 1.5 hours labour to code the Xenon retrofit kit on my car!? Considering according to the guide it should take 1.5 to do the entire thing, I find this incredible. How much are people having to paid to have a simple job like this done? Is there any dealers people recommend?

Horgy
I had a similar thing with getting my spotlights "coded".

The supplying dealer, Halliwell Jones in Chester wanted 45mins and £100 all in.

Ended up paying for 15 mins & £30 all in at Godfrey Hall in Shrewsbury in the end.

It took them 5mins to do the work!

It pays to shop around!

Needless to say I won't be using HJ again for either servicing or my next purchase!

Robert

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,173 Posts
Interestingly, when I fitted the '05 tail lamps to my '04 Cooper the BMW workshop manual said that my car needed to be "coded" to accept them.

Fortunately, after I fitted them, it turned out that they worked fine without any "coding" at all :rolleyes:

Incidentally, do you mind me asking how much the Xenons cost? Are they the current ones retro fitted to a pre '05 car?

Tigger.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Tigger said:
Interestingly, when I fitted the '05 tail lamps to my '04 Cooper the BMW workshop manual said that my car needed to be "coded" to accept them.

Fortunately, after I fitted them, it turned out that they worked fine without any "coding" at all :rolleyes:

Incidentally, do you mind me asking how much the Xenons cost? Are they the current ones retro fitted to a pre '05 car?

Tigger.
My dealer quoted £600 for retro- fitting the new zenon's to my MCS :eek:

·
Mini OneS Owner
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The retrofit pack is £125.01 (incl VAT I THINK) from Scotthall. It needs to go on back order from Germany then so it'll take a week or so to arrive. I also asked about the alarm, thats £225 and backorder too. That is the pack with washers - the guide is available from here. Victoria in Harrogate said £46, but i'm still gonna ask around, i'm in London over christmas so I have much more scope to shop around. That's assuming I need to get them coded at all!

I'll be taking lots of pics of assembly for a guide though, so stay tuned. That's if i don't choose to take the alarm instead.

Horgy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.