MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently serviced the Supercharger, replaced water pump and Thermostat housing, replaced the timing chain tensioner as preventative maintenance, changed oil and idler pulley. Found oil leak at crank sensor, new o ring. Got it all put back together and heard what I thought was the "Death Rattle", also p1242 code. Very little flux in idle. steady 900 rpm. Took it back apart, put it back together, new OEM tensioner. Rattle was still there. p1237 code. playing around I pulled the PCV valve and rattle stopped(Big sigh of relief!). Hate to just through more parts at it, but I did order a new PCV valve. Thinking there is a leak causing the rattle though. Any good ideas? I really hope to be on the other side of these posts one day! Thanks All.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
never come across that before new one on me, first off would stick a vac gauge on the pipe see if the vac is on and off in a fast pattern if it is then its a vac valve problem maybe a cracked pipe somewhere common is around throttle body, then rocker cover off see on other side of that,, might even be divertor valve issue as codes say

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I unscrewed the valve and connected it to the hose. With the car running, I felt that pulse on the business end.
I had a hard time wrestling Supercharger/water pump combo into the air intake duct. That connects to the throttle body. Hope I didn't crack it.
Really appreciate your input here. Next post=victory!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have found a leak! Fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose must have been rubbing the intercooler bell. Hoping this is my fix!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was also the Famous Map Sensor vacuum line. It was broke under the MAP and I didn't see it. I used a 2 part plastic epoxy to repair the line. Had the thing apart twice and missed it.:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:o_O:p! Check engine light went off almost immediately. No more rattle. Thanks for your help guys. Till next time, Cheers.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
happy days it does tend to be plastic shite breaks i had a no boost of r56 cooper s the other day was rubber part of vac pipe had gone soft due to slight oil leak from pcv pipe very common issue and cant see it under the inlet manifold,, £1 parts causes 2 hours of diagnoses and removing inlet manifold etc,, ie start on the turbo actuate and work back with vac pump etc ,, guy had already stuck a new turbo on it that it never needed lol,, this pipe would seal sometimes when oil had built up and made a seal then would loose boost when ran try on wet days or hard driving would make oil run away as such,, stupid designs hide it all under other stuff and stuff that leaks etc,,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts