MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
You have to be joking:rolleyes:

I can't believe someone recorded their horn:D

That was one request that I thought would go unanswered, how wrong I was;)

LMB:D

·
Registered
187 Posts
how about some tire screeches?

thanks- i was wondering if the horn would be as wimpy as the new VW Beetle...
c:p

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
LMB said:
You have to be joking:rolleyes:

I can't believe someone recorded their horn:D

That was one request that I thought would go unanswered, how wrong I was;)

LMB:D
LMB, you have to be joking :D as this isn't even the first time the question of "how does the MINI's horn sound?" has come up.

In fact, it's the 3rd time! History repeats itself below:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=705

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164

(Thanks Monsta, now my wife wants to know why my computer is honking :) )

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Monsta,
Re: Any more requests. Would love to hear the exhaust sound of the MINI. Of course going through the gears from the interior would be nice too!
Any chance?
Thanks

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
I hope you all appreciate the effort I have made for those less fortunate than I. Previously I recorded the horn using my digital camera but this time I had to take my Minidisc recorder and mic out in the car so that the quality would be better.

Anyway, here they are:

New Horn
Standing start
Acceleration in second gear

Enjoy! :)

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
monsta said:
I hope you all appreciate the effort I have made for those less fortunate than I. Previously I recorded the horn using my digital camera but this time I had to take my Minidisc recorder and mic out in the car so that the quality would be better.

Anyway, here they are:

Thanks! :)

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Re: Thanks- Much bigger than I thought it would be

The only comment a guy I work with gave me on my MINI was "For a pip-squeak of a car it's got a big sounding horn!"
Mind you, he does drive a Dodge Viper! :eek:

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
181 Posts
I'm sitting here (after listening to all three files) with the biggest toothy grin on my face like I'm some sort of kid. I love it!

THANKS MONSTA!!!!!:D :D :D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: Re: Thanks- Much bigger than I thought it would be

R1 said:
The only comment a guy I work with gave me on my MINI was "For a pip-squeak of a car it's got a big sounding horn!"
Mind you, he does drive a Dodge Viper! :eek:
Challenge him and his pickup truck-engined Viper to a slalom -- then see what he has to say!

According to Road and Track:

Dodge Viper 63.6 mph :(
MINI Cooper 67.6 mph :eek:

:D

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Monsta!,
You son of a gun!, you did it!
Can't thank you enough.
Imagine all these grown men sitting at their computers with big sh*t-eating grins on their faces listening to your MINI!
My wife now knows I'm nuts. It was bad enough I called her over to hear the horn, but now this!
Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
hey, there are some geeky grow girls doing the same!
thanx ever so much!!!:p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Many thanks for those of us who are, for the time being, MINI-less. All of the sounds are impressive, to my ear they sound really, really good. I wonder what the S will sound like ???

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Thanks- Much bigger than I thought it would be

BruceK said:

Challenge him and his pickup truck-engined Viper to a slalom -- then see what he has to say!:D
I did. Around the A & B roads near me. He lost :D (It is a seriously nice bit of kit though! All black with the twin silver racing stripes and a stainless/titanium racing exhaust!! Bloody hell...what a sound! I think it puts out about 400 - 500 BHP!! It did cost him nearly £70,000 though!!!)
He's well pissed! :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Monsta Sounds

You're killing me! You must of been hanging out with Prince Harry when you recorded those! I haven't entered that many posts and I'm sure they all held little interest to anyone except myself but you...that's the best off the wall laugh I've had in weeks. What's next? The opening and closing of the doors? How about putting gas (petrol) in it?
How do the wipers sound? You are the king.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks- Much bigger than I thought it would be

R1 said:

I did. Around the A & B roads near me. He lost :D
Thanks! You've made my day. Mmmmmm..... a "pip-squeak of a car" ate his Viper's lunch. :D I can only imagine the look on his face. :eek: :( :mad:

Priceless.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts