MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anytime anywhere

i am open to suggestions to a meeting place and day/time, i just want to wait till i have my new s front bumper on and my scorpion centre twin exhaust on...should be next week or week after!!!...post specs and pics of your cars if you have got any or email them to [email protected].

had my mini since 15th sep. cooper s lookalike chilli red, white roof.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Count me in

Definately would be up for this one. As it would be nice to do one close to home (Lincoln) :D :D :D :yellow:

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mini meet

glad people are interested, keep posting on here if anyone has any ideas of where to meet and when would like to have the meet... maybe mcarther glenn of the m1 or trowell services off the m1.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Meatballs

Not bothered were we meet but what about stoping of at IKEA for meatballs......I love it when the mrs suggests ikea especially the meatballs it's just the bit at the end thats hard to swollow ....when the mrs asks for the bank card. :yellow: :p :yellow: :p

·
Making it all better.
93 Posts
I'm in!

Definitely up for it - I live in Nottingham.

I second the IKEA meatballs! Damn shame I can't get that PAX wardrobe in my MCS though. Not even with the seats down...

Then off to hooters? :D

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
where in nottingham

ikea sounds ok, i dont live that far away, where in nottingham do you nottingham lads live?

i live in hucknall

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
nickbardsley said:
I would maybe be interested in driving down... as im sure Scooby, Rich, Veron, Parc and Adam would be :D

Yeah, I'm interested :D

Veronica

·
Making it all better.
93 Posts
notts04chillimini said:
ikea sounds ok, i dont live that far away, where in nottingham do you nottingham lads live?
Hucknall? Why buy a MINI when you can take the tram? :D

I'm in Mapperley.

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whats the tram got to do with a mini

what has the tram got to do with a mini,

for 1 if i used the tram all the time i wouldnt be driving one of the best hatchbacks in the world. if not the best hatchback in the world (well done bmw)

2. i can drive where i want with a car, and not just on 1 route on a track like on the tram,

and 3, i have never heard something so ridiculous, ""why dont you catch a tram instead of driving a mini" not exactly the best comparison in the world.

i could relate to it if you said "why dont you get a ferrari instead of driving a mini" and that is a different matter, but i couldnt afford one anyway!!

good reasons for having a car and not using public transport!!

1 you dont look good on public transport!
2 you dont have to sit next to some of the horrible drunk sweaty people that go on the tram!!
3 you cant listen to that sweet note and burble of your exhaust system which puts a grin on your face everytime you turn the key!!
4 your missus or date wouldnt appreciate going on a date travelling by tram when they can listen to their favorite tunes and have there ass warmed on your mini seats on the way out. whick is a plus on these winter months!!
5you cant take the missus away for a weekend on a tram can you!! unless they build a track that goes from hucknall to cornwall and the like!! is not gonna happen is it.

tell you one thing about the mini that is like the tram tho!! it handles like it is on rails!!!!

·
Hillbilly boy
1,214 Posts
notts04chillimini said:

i live in hucknall

Ikea is a good call, i live 30 seconds up the road......But they lock the gates at night so you cant get anywhere near, even when the gates are open you cannot get a parking space..

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no offense meant

no offence meant on the reply to the tram suggestion, i didnt read it in a joking context at first. but i did make some good points about the mini ,you have to agree.!!

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
video cams and digicams bring em.

when we meet bring your digi cams and video cams. make this meet as big as we can... up or down the m1 could find some good locations... this will be my first meet so i want to make it one to remember with a good turnout.. and get some twisty country laneing done. up in the peak district an idea?

see you all soon!

·
Making it all better.
93 Posts
notts04chillimini said:
No offence meant on the reply to the tram suggestion...
No offence taken :D

Thought you were going to have a coronary for a minute there... I was joking. After all, I drive a MINI too remember, rather than get the bus to work everyday....

1 - 20 of 69 Posts