MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think they look ace, but is it true that it is illegal to have them on your car on UK roads? Think I read this somewhere on another thread....

xx :black: xx

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Maxi_Cool said:
I think they look ace, but is it true that it is illegal to have them on your car on UK roads? Think I read this somewhere on another thread....

xx :black: xx
I had heard that somewhere but I have never had any trouble with them, they say you are supposed to be a black bit of tape over the numbers when going down the road.
I think you would need a police men who was very up on that bit of the law and very strict to do you for them, even then they can only tell you to take them off, which isn't exactly hard being magnetic!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
lukeybabe said:
I had heard that somewhere but I have never had any trouble with them, they say you are supposed to be a black bit of tape over the numbers when going down the road.
I think you would need a police men who was very up on that bit of the law and very strict to do you for them, even then they can only tell you to take them off, which isn't exactly hard being magnetic!!
So do you leave them on all the time lukeybabe? And does the magnetic patch scratch the car?? :eek:

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
I think the real answer was you only had to cover them up if you were registered with the BRDA or whatever.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeh, You can buy magnetic numbers off ministripes.com, they cost $70 (about £40), and $5 for U.S delivery, i dunno how much international delivery is! and they come in black, white or silver.
Also there is a wider selection of numbers on mightystripes.com, they cost $70 as well and for an extra charge you can have them made magnetic as well.

·
Now with S power!
23,915 Posts
I got a set on mine which are magnetic for when I did the Stelvio MINI run.

About 50x50cm with an advert for the run at the top a British flag and my name as well as the number.

Look fantastic!!!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The website where I found mine is;

Custom Car Graphics

They only list 12" numbers on the web site, but i e-mailed him and he can do near enough any size you want, mine are 16".
They can also do all sorts of different color combinations.

I think mine were about £25 for the pair including postage.

I don't really leave on them all the time, only on runs and what not.
They shouldn't scratch your paintwork as they don't move around at all on your doors so providing you don't trap any grit in between the decal and the panel they are fine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts