MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Sorry in advance if this is a silly question but I'm pretty clueless about this sort of thing!

My back number plate started slipping off at one side a couple of months ago, and my dad fixed it for me, but recently it's started slipping at the other side. It's stuck on with adhesive (and my dad potentially used glue when he fixed it, I'm not totally sure about that), and I was wondering if screws genuinely work better with number plates? My mini is a 2009 Cooper D - does this model even have holes for screws to go into?

Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi there,

Sorry in advance if this is a silly question but I'm pretty clueless about this sort of thing!

My back number plate started slipping off at one side a couple of months ago, and my dad fixed it for me, but recently it's started slipping at the other side. It's stuck on with adhesive (and my dad potentially used glue when he fixed it, I'm not totally sure about that), and I was wondering if screws genuinely work better with number plates? My mini is a 2009 Cooper D - does this model even have holes for screws to go into?

Thanks!
Hi Amy no silly questions here, I recommend going to halfords or the likes and ask for numberplate self adhesive pads once bought remove plate and clean boot lid area and back or plate and reapply with new pads only do this on a dry day to ensure it sticks use about 4 pads on one plate

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much! I think I have some in the house somewhere so hopefully will get round to it this week at some point.

So screwing the plate on isn't an option then?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks so much! I think I have some in the house somewhere so hopefully will get round to it this week at some point.

So screwing the plate on isn't an option then?
You would have to drill holes into boot lid which will remove the paint and cause rust if plates and adhesive pads are used right the plate will not move

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I found the number of sticky in one pck of the Halfoeds ones wasn't enough, it started to lift. So I redid it using two packs on the one plate, which has stayed stuck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
AnonOdy
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing