MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Team Wast
362 Posts
Another thing I'd say is don't let computer game knowledge lull you into a false sense of security. Use it as a tool, not as a bible. Braking times are a lot longer compared to a game, if on the game you know you can brake just after a crest, chances are you won't be braking hard enough in real life. Use the game to learn the corners, not how hard to push.

·
MINI2 Rebirth
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah - you only need to see what it was like for Clarkson trying to match his time at Laguna Seca in real life with that in the game -just couldn't do it. I think you'd be a bit daft to try and match up the braking points between them!

·
MINI2 Rebirth
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, I'm back from the Nurburgring now and the car is still in one piece - always a bonus!

What was it like? In a word - intimidating. On the road I'm a confident driver, and I've done several track days and never felt scared or too far out of my comfort zone - but at the Ring, well all that changes. The place is utterly mental, and utterly brillliant. If anybody is thinking of going, I'd recommend it. You'll get through some cash, but it's absolutely worth it. The corners have still been going through my head for the last two nights since I've been back!

If there's any interest, let me know and I can write up a more detailed report, including how the Mini faired on the world's most hardcore bit of road!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts