MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would seem that it is going to be difficult to get numbers for attendance to the meet and what we would all like to do when we are there. I don't want to enforce my views/plans upon anybody, so how about we meet up as arranged (6.30-7.00, Reebok Carpark) and then discuss it? This could make it difficult to get in somewhere for a meal, but there are always McDonalds, KFC and Burger King on the same industrial estate, a MINI Drive Thru ;)

Directions to the stadium
http://www.bwfc.co.uk/club/view/stadium/0,,1004,00.html

Directions to the carpark...
When you come off the M61 at Junction 6, head for the stadium, next roundabout turn left, then right at the traffic lights. The carpark isn't always open there (closed due to boyracers ;) ), but there's space to park on the sideroad.

See you there,
Colin.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Saturday

Colin, I think Applejack mentioned somewhere that we may all be able to go without much of a problem. I think a Drive then a meal would be a good Idea or what about the Bowling alley, does that do food? :D :D :D I know that places such as Tom Cobleigh's and Brewers Fayre don't need advance booking so is there any of those in the area?

Personally I think that a sit down meal is far more civilised and relaxed but as you say numbers need to be known for somewhere to be booked ! BTW any idea what happened to MINIMARK cos' he seems to have gone quiet

See you all Saturday :D :D :D :D

Dave ( & Vikkie )

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe "THEY" got to him (time for a conspiracy theory) ;) he does seem to have gone very quiet.... I'll be trying to think of places on the other side of "The Twisty Turnies" that may not necessarily need to be booked in case that is the route we all decide to take. Applejack, where were you suggesting?? There are a few places on Middlebrook (where the Reebok Stadium is) that might be able to accomodate us too (depending on numbers) Bowling I think is OUT this time, that DEFINATELY would need booking. A drive/convoy would be fun though :D And if worst comes to worst, we're not far from the Trafford Centre :D :D :D lol

·
Registered
153 Posts
LOL cmt:D :D :D I can just see a convoy to the Trafford ( via Rivington!!) and ending up at the Exchange Grill again, it'd be rather ironic wouldn't it lol :D :D :D :D :D

And paul it'd be good to do those roads in a mini too !!! and anytime you fancy attending a get together just say the word :D :D :D

(p.s that goes for anyone else who fancies it too!!)

Dave

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
perhaps a last minute change of venue is in order ??? JOKE!!! :D
As nice as the Trafford Centre and Exchange Bar And Grill are, I think we need a change...

Also just to reiterate what Dodger said, all welcome :)

Paul if you ever fancy attending, give us a shout, I'm sure somebody would put you up for the weekend ;) I already have 2 people staying over, so what difference would another 2 make ? :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I can just see a convoy to the Trafford ( via Rivington!!) and ending up at the Exchange Grill again, it'd be rather ironic wouldn't it lol
Sorry Col it was meant to be a joke ;) :D ;) :D We'd prefer it NOT to be at the Trafford centre for a change !!!!!! :p

Dave :) :)

P.S Full house = PARTY :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dodger said:

Sorry Col it was meant to be a joke ;) :D ;) :D
I know, I was joking about your joke :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
HEEEEELLLLLOOOOOO

Sorry people, i have been away for a few days thats why i havent been posting. This is the plan me thinks.

Meet between 6:30 and 7pm at the reebok then go bowling for a bit. Maybe we could get an extra value bucket with one of them nice ice cream things with chocolate in it. MMMMMMM

Neway have I been missed? :p

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mark

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about we just wait until tomorrow and see what the others say, rather than imposing our ideas upon them? It's the way it's always been done and is fair to all.

P.S. you were asked after a couple of times if that makes you feel better ;)
Colin.

·
Registered
133 Posts
missed who?

I never asked after you. Neither did deej!!!!!

We DON'T want to do what you want to do.We don't like you!!!!!!!!

:p :p :p :D :D :D

nah nah nah nahnah naaahhhhhhhhh!!!

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
That's not a very nice thing to say Neo ....lol ;) :D
still, nothing wrong with a bit of unfriendly banter ;)

P.S. It was Dodger who asked after you :p

·
Registered
298 Posts
Fair enough!!!!

Lets meet and decide then, a show of hands!

Neo, guess whos got an auto now!!!!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

let me out.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tomorrow.... tomorrow......

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tonight...tonight...

Just to remind people, the NW meet is tonight. Details and directions at the top of this thread. Should be a good night, it usually is. If you can make it, come along.
See you all there,
Colin.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The Final Post?!?!?!?!?

Hello Everyone! :p

Great to see you all again after what seems absolutely ages but is in fact only 3 weeks!?!?!?!?!?! :D ;) :D ;) :D ;)

Especially nice to see a few new faces in the clan, just hope we didn't scare you lot too much :(

Just think, the next meet should be massive if everyone can make it!!!!! :p

I'll be posting the photos as soon as I can for you all to have a good laugh at each other so keep your eyes peeled, just wish I could post the .AVI video too! :mad:

Thanx for another great night,

Dodgeress (& Dodger)
xx

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is there an echo in here?

Just to echo what Dodgeress has said, another good night. Good to see a few familiar faces and a few new ones too.
Hopefully the next meet will be a bit bigger still :) 8 MINIs in convoy/parked still get an unbelievable amount of looks... it's great and I suspect this side of it can only get bigger and better. A table for 22 next time??? :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ideas Ideas Ideas

Echo, We'll be yodelling soon.

Thanks to everyone for the meet... God It was freezing though wasn't it.:eek: :eek: :eek:

As everyone said we need to put on our thinking caps for next time though, North Cheshire perhaps on a Sunday day!

So how about Ideas everyone. I know hundreds read these posts so feel free to add your ideas guys, even if your not in the North West.:):(

What is it about being from an area, you take it for granted and miss the obvious ideas. Anyway a fresh tread under "MINI meet ideas" may be in order.

I'll start... See new thread :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
sorry i could not make it :(

Hi everyone
hope you all had a good time :) i was on holiday and could not come.
did not get back in time and was jet lagged
any way keep me informed about next meet.

peace and happiness in the mini2 world :) yum yum i got my car again missed it alot

1 - 20 of 20 Posts