MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Time and Place

Sat 9th Feb beetween 6:30 and 7pm
Meet at The Reebok Stadium, on the carpark on the right as you head down to the retail park.

We can either go bowling or for a fun drive, in a convoy stylee, then have a meal.

we can do a show of hands thing on the nite!

If your cuming (oooeeeerrr) it will b lots of fun and the more MINI's there are the more fun it will b.

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

Mark

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
come one come all.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm well in!!

Can I just take a moment to point out that it is purely coincidental that I am always posting after Mark. It's not like we've got some shady love affair going on or anything, I SWEAR!!
Well I am right in on this one. I've got the car so I don't plan on missing this one for anything. Hope to see you all there. By the way, I'm hoping the Dodgers bring the camera.:D

Mitch

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Re: I'm well in!!

MitchyBoy said:
Can I just take a moment to point out that it is purely coincidental that I am always posting after Mark. It's not like we've got some shady love affair going on or anything, I SWEAR!!
Well I am right in on this one. I've got the car so I don't plan on missing this one for anything. Hope to see you all there. By the way, I'm hoping the Dodgers bring the camera.:D

Mitch
Mitchyboy,anything you say we believe you honestly.... we do,well why would you post a statement like that cliaming to be coincidental you would'nt would you if there was a shady love affair going on which is just plain silly EH.;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Oh and You want Dave & Vikki to take pic's as well. ooooer:D :D :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Meet on Friday?!?!?!?

Although we can make the meet on a Friday, as Applejack said, wouldn't it be better to have the meet on a Saturday so that people don't have to travel in rush hour? :confused:

Let's face it, Manchester + M62 + Rush Hour = NIGHTMARE!!!!! :eek:

Also, after a full days / weeks work, do people really want to be out late on a Friday? :(

Saturday would mean a less stressful journey there!?!?!?!? :D :D :D

Dodger & Dodgeress xx

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well..........

A late night on Friday is great for me but I feel inclined to shut my mouth. I have to turn up to this one, I have promised myself, just thought I'd say I'll have to re-arrange a date for Saturday night though.........
Not that that matters next to meeting you all!!!

Mitch;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good point Applejack

Some of us work on sat as well though, myself im not to bothered about driving my car in traffic. How about making the meet beetween 7 and 7:30 then, thus time for the 3 S's and not as much rushing.

Problem solved, comments taken onboard.

Mark

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
I will probably be there, it depends on the outcome of my meeting with BMW on Wednesday as to whether I'll be in a MINI or not. I also agree that Saturdays are my favoured nights for Meets.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right then!

Change of Date!

Sat 9th feb at the reebok
meeting between 6:30 and 7pm
on the same carpark.

Same plan different night.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hope that makes it a bit easier for you all!!

Mark

:D:D

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
What a difference a day makes..........
24 little hours.........:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Slow but steady... What ever that means:rolleyes:

"im sure applejack can find a map"

Well here goes MINIMARK:
:eek:

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
I'll definately be there too... What are the plans people? What would everybody like to do? As stated before there is a bowling alley if people would like to go there, but we would have to book. As for food (a meal is an integral part of a NW Mini Meet ;) ) There are pubs, restaurants etc.. locally or drive through Rivington (of Top Gear roadtest fame :) ) and there are some more on the other side of the hill, again I think we would be better to book if the numbers are anywhere near last time. Myself, my girlfriend and the Dodgers had a very good meal at the Smithills Coaching House which is an enjoyable drive and good food, reasonably priced. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
153 Posts
Reebok minimeet

We'll both be there :D

If we go for tenpin bowling then count Dodgeress out but I'll give it a go (Bad knee and all), and if we go for a meal then it'll be the usual two!!!! :) :) :)

We don't mind what we do, (it's the company that counts!!) :D :D :D

See you all there,

Dave & Vikkie

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'll be there!!!!

Deej and I will be there. We will also be hopefully bringing along a few others. Should be the biggest NW meet yet. Lets see if we can make it the best one yet to!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, Looks like a reasonable turn out planned. But this thread is getting well...:eek: threadbare;)

So we all know the planned meeting point as MINIMARK arranged. :)
  1. Reebok stadium car park
  2. Saturday 9th 18:30 - 19:00
    [/list=1]

As for ideas,:rolleyes: well its all about the car so a good driving route would be great,:D but as there will be a few of us, public roads could end up with us getting separated in the dark.:(So we need a plan and dare I say it a) Map;)

The Trafford centre served a purpose by keeping us together, but I agree a new location is in order (Security would I think agree). I personally like the bowling idea as it keeps the balance between activity and conversation :rolleyes: But...

The Yorkshire guys are talking about a day event with a planned rally:D :D ,but maybe we need to talk about organising this face to face for the North west

I can see it now War of the Roses Joke.... This takes me to the meal idea where we can all have input and forge some ideas. I don't know the area well, but cmt's Rivington idea sounds excellent.

I do know of a place where we would have no problem getting 10-15 of us for an inexpensive meal with a private and secure parking area and around 2 mins from the A666 in Bolton. the food is fantastic. :eek: Worried as that's the kiss of death for any group booking a meal:eek:

This post is too long so, I'm thinking of starting a fresh NW meet pole for peoples preference. What do you think guys.:D :D :D

If I'm putting anyone off please say so and I'll happily go along with everyone else!

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
I think the bowling may be for another time.. Maybe we could make a day of a meet one time and finish off with a bowling night. So, for now how about we....
-Meet as arranged at Reebok
-Travel through Rivington to Smithills Coaching House (we should be able to get in, the food is good and reasonably priced and they're good at dealing with large parties, whose birthday is it this time? ;) )

I'm in no way shape or form enforcing this on anyone, but if we are to have a meal anywhere other than Trafford Centre, I think we must book... If somebody wants to start a thread on this with a poll for yes/no/other ideas and definate numbers, That would help. I will book if we go this route.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts