MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... My treasured daughter has recently "appropriated" my much loved Cooper from me - She is complaining that whilst the temp gauge is spot on that the fan is coming on very quickly and its VERY noisy ! - Doesn't happen in cold weather apparently so its not happening all the time, But its not that hot at present (Weather) and I assume that IF its starting to over heat then gauge would reflect that prior to fan kicking in ? - Coolant levels are fine and car running well generally
Thoughts please ?

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
... My treasured daughter has recently "appropriated" my much loved Cooper from me - She is complaining that whilst the temp gauge is spot on that the fan is coming on very quickly and its VERY noisy ! - Doesn't happen in cold weather apparently so its not happening all the time, But its not that hot at present (Weather) and I assume that IF its starting to over heat then gauge would reflect that prior to fan kicking in ? - Coolant levels are fine and car running well generally
Thoughts please ?
does it have aircon is she using it if so radiator fan will come on and stay on while aircon is on, if fan is very loud try spraying wd40 in to motor part might help but prob needs a new fan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts