MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
British Racing Dirt
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

does anybody out there know if it is possible to retrofit the OBC onto a 03 plate MCS? Just looked at one today and asked the salesman and he seemed to think it wasn't possible. I'm banking that on here someone knows for definite either way?

thanks

·
British Racing Dirt
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers Snowie. I did search before posting, but I couldn't find anything. Must've worded it poorly.

The only thing I could think of is if the essential components are missing and it wouldn't be a simple case of fitting the stalk, wiring into the loom and a MINI re-program

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
If you use the search criteria that I used - OBC retrofit

You wil also find a thread where the dealer is quoting silly money for this job

Basically dealers do not want to do it - but it looks like a relatively easy DIY job if you can get the bits. Of course the dealer will have to code the car after fitment

·
Registered
68 Posts
Alex - I'm also looking at doing similar to my MCS.

I've got hold of a indicator stalk inc. OBC control for £20 but got a shock when I asked Stratstone Doncaster for the cost of enabling the OBC and was quoted £85!!!!

Quarry Motors in Sheffield have quoted £45+vat but I think is still too expensive for 20 mins work at the most.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have the OBC stalk on my MINI One D from 2004 and all it cycles between is MPH or outside temp!

I live in Sheffield aswell!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts