MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I need your help. I want to chip tune my car but for some reason the obd plug on the driver's side (U.S. Spec) does not respond to an obd scan tool or similar. When you plug into the obd plug, it gives an error reading. As a result, you can not pull codes if you get a check engine light etc. Anyone heard of this happening before? I have an window autoup circuit board installed, could this cause the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

·
Registered
286 Posts
Two likely scenarios, the obd tool is not working right or you have not pushed the plug onto the receiver plug firmly enough. I have had this same problem, solved by pressing the plug on better. Some of them fit very tightly.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oldmots, thanks for your reply. Neither one of your suggestions worked. I still have the same problem. I know it isn't the scan tool because it is brand new and works on other cars. I also plugged the tool into the OBD plug as hard as I could and still nothing. Any other ideas that I might try? Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had this problem with mine as well, I was persistent and wiggled and pushed the tool on until I heard the tool chirp and turn itself on which it does when it makes full contact. Get a light and get down there to see if there is an obstruction. If it isn't the tool and it isnt the connection, you are likely going to the dealer with it, so keep trying. If only one contact is not good, you will get the error message.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts