MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, just bought me first mini (well it's my daughters actually but I'll be doing all the grunt work on it) it's got light's galore on the dash , airbag fault, tyre pressures, ABS (I snapped a sensor changing the hub) but the most annoying fault is that the OBD2 port is completely missing. I know some BMW's were susceptible to theft by doing something with the OBD port , so maybe a previous owner decided to shift it somewhere else ???

Does anybody know where the ODB port wiring enters the cabin ? If I can find that I might be able to figure out where the things gone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Guys, just bought me first mini (well it's my daughters actually but I'll be doing all the grunt work on it) it's got light's galore on the dash , airbag fault, tyre pressures, ABS (I snapped a sensor changing the hub) but the most annoying fault is that the OBD2 port is completely missing. I know some BMW's were susceptible to theft by doing something with the OBD port , so maybe a previous owner decided to shift it somewhere else ???

Does anybody know where the ODB port wiring enters the cabin ? If I can find that I might be able to figure out where the things gone.
OH ... should've said it's an 02 mini one.

·
Registered
225 Posts
A 2002 Mini may not be OBD2 compliant. Mine isn't. It still has the same shaped port plug but only reads using a BMW specific reader.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never mind, I found it tucked up under the dash
Well I got one of these OBD2 apps and an ELM327, it shows me all sorts , rpm, temps etc , but says there are no DTC fault codes.....yet the airbag light is on ??? Does anyone know of an app that can reset the airbag light ?

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
564 Posts
This unit can reset airbags. On 2002
This unit is EOBD compliant!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Haven't found a MINI specific OBD apps and ELM327 that'll work on the 1st gen MINIs.

·
Registered
225 Posts
You really need a reader for BMW cars. OBD2 is limited in its operation. Early gen 1 Minis are not OBD2 compliant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts