MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day a product by Redex called 0-60 octane booster.

was curios as it clearly gives you the impression that it boosts performance

Has anyone tried this stuff and if so did it make any noticeable difference ?

Was tempted to try it but at eight pounds I thougt otherwise but then again if it works......

regards

Antony

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
I have not used the redex one... I have used Aldon Automove Race Octane booster (its fairly killer stuff and stains everything if you get it on something, its also bad to breathe in and handle without gloves... but it defo works)

I found that it was very good at keeping things cooler at the drag strip when I was on stock IC, map and injectors but fairly high boost etc.

STp make one too I think thats quite well rated. Redex is a well known brand so its probably safe enough to use. Performance wise I didn't note too much difference, but the engine didn't go pop and the engine felt a touch smoother.

Not worth it day to day, better just running v power or tesco 99 etc.... only really of use to get theat little extra boost to keep things cool or rob a bhp or 2 on the drag strip or race track.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Used to use the Aldon Automotive stuff a few years ago in rally cars. At the time it was recommended by a well known engine builder. As Richard says its bad stuff, I knocked over a bottle in the back of the Transit van on the Tour of Cornwall one year as we were treating all the jerry cans, ready for the rest of the rally. WOW, it got into the ply wood that the back of the van was pannelled in, it was a very hot day. The service crew floated from service point to service point but, luckly by the night stages it had gone.I had a KIller head ache for about 7 hours afterwards. Never though of using masks and gloves in those days.

Milly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts