MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I am looking for someone to point me in the right direction. My daughter has a ‘12 non-S and we have an interesting oil leak. I am thinking it may just be blow back while driving, but she had a bunch of oil coming out of her grill and on the top of the inside of the hood.
So the back story, she had some car issues, in diagnosing the issue we found a cracked thermostat housing and we found oil in the spark plug holes (1/2 way up the spark plug). I replaced the thermostat housing and the gasket. In the process I discovered my torque wrench appears to have been permanently borrowed from an old friend...by the time I realized it I had to get going, so I wagged it. Go a month, same issue with the oil, different spark plug hole. Clean it all up, remove cover and I went to retighten with torque wrench and broke a screw...had to remove cover to extract screw...and then another...so I replaced all screws and retightened to specs. I did not replace that cover or the gasket, but it didn’t fit as nice (gasket seemed stretched) and it gave me some fits. So I think that is it, so I am going to replace and start over. But, is there anything else that you guys can think of based on your experience?

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts