MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Just wondering whether anyone knows whether the O2 sensors on an MCS are wide-band or narrow. I want to install a A/F gauge which would piggy-back off the wiring of a narrow-band O2 sensor. Apparently the gauge will not work if the OEM sensor is a wide-band, thus requiring me to purchase an additional sensor built specifically for that make of gauge.

Lastly would anyone have a picture of the OEM O2 sensors and have a recommendation which sensor (out of the two) is best to work off.

Cheers,
Amigo :)

295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AutoMeter A/F Gauge

roland2003 said:
Hi Amigo, they are narrow band. Use the pre cat sensor.
Regards Roland GT Tuning
Roland - Thanks for the tip :)

On my initial search (prior to the post), I was searching under Oxygen Sensor. However after posting, my subsequent searches under "wide-band" produced heaps of info - sorry moderators :rolleyes:

I don't have a great deal of funds so I'm opting for the autometer ultralite A/F gauge. I understand that the info it displays is not as accurate as other wide-band sensors, but am considering incorporating a PLX M-Series AutoMeter Narrowband to Wideband Gauge Converter to provide a linear reading at an affordable rate.

295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fatredcircle said:
other then looking good, they're absolutely uesless, you have to go with a digital a/f ratio one that uses a wide band.

do a search on google for a diy wideband
you'd be surprised :)
Fatredcircle - thanks for the tip (which I did) but as I stated earlier, cost is an issue and I have no intention of tuning the car with this gauge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.