MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my exhaust fitted nearly a year ago now and everything was good and I love it. But since I've had a new bumper (Aerokit rear bumper) the exhaust just doesn't hang properly in the exhaust cutout. It sits to the left and a bit high, this is really frustrating as things like that get to me a lot, and it has gotten worse recently, now actually touching the inside of the bumper and starting to melt it slightly. Is there a way of lowering the exhaust and pushing it to the right? I don't understand why it isn't center, is the Aerokit bumper's exhaust cutout not in the right place, anyone else having the same problem?

·
Registered
248 Posts
You might be able to lower the exhaust a bit by adding some nuts under the mounts that are attached to the car. There is plenty of space on the threads to do this. As far as the moving from left to right goes I am not sure what could be done other than making sure all the rubber mounts are intact etc. Maybe the exhaust mounts need some modification?
Hope this helps.

Sorry just realised that you have a One. I am not sure that my fix will work as I have an S.:confused: Have a look anyway:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts