MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
M2 Procrastinator
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent activities within the Aussie Forum here on MINI2 have raised some serious issues, & I'd like to attempt to explain the situation.

This is not about pointing fingers or naming names, my only hope here is that we can clear a path for things to move on.

Some MINI2ers feel that they have been unfairly dealt with by the moderatoring team. More specifically, one particular MINI2 member believes that recent posts by a number of other members have contributed towards a skewed view of his new MINI venture, along with it's related dealings. Most will not have seen the posts in question [as they have been deleted along with subseuent replies], but for those that have, I urge you to re-assess the situation for yourself, with facts rather than opinion.

I have not provided details for fear of disturbing ongoing communications, but the concept alone is an important one when interacting with others on an open forum such as MINI2.

As a moderator I have always strived to act impartially, & attempted to ensure personal feelings did not influence my actions - perhaps I am not always successful in that endeavour.

In addition, while the forum is live 24/7, I certainly am not [well not always anyway]! In that regard I'm sure there have been times I've appeared a little tardy in sorting out issues, or making a judgement on a post etc.

I personally believe every MINI2er is responsible for his or her own opinion / comments etc, but where my actions [or lack thereof] have caused concern or undue stress I apologise, it was certainly not my intention.

To avoid further incident or injury I have resigned as Moderator of the Aussie Forum here on MINI2 & just hope things can move forward from here on in.

I will be 'around' wearing normal member attire, but you may not hear much from me over the coming days, as I sort through the issues above.

This is usually such a cool / funny / welcoming & energetic place to be... & I'd really hate to see it go to waste! :D :D :D :D :D

Please also note that I have left this thread 'open' for any significant replies, however the underlying concepts are not up for discussion or negotiation ...& No 'Banter' please!

·
JCW No. 1459
869 Posts
Its a shame that you have to lay down the hat like this Gary :( However I can appreciate your logic and point of view ... Many thanks for your efforts

Welcome back to being a 'mere mortal' ;)

·
Blue is the colour!
13,507 Posts
As is often the case the actions of a minority ruin things for the majority. As I said yesterday I think you have handled things quite well in the past few days. One might suggest that you have a "course of action" available to you given the allegations made against you???

Hope to see you around.

Edit: I guess you are unlikely to reconsider your position.

:indi:

Cheers Liam

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
I would personally like to see you reconsider your resignation if this is possible - however, should it be beyond possibility for whatever reason, I welcome you back to 'the masses' and hope to see you around the boards again soon Gaz.

Cheers mate,
Scotty

:D

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
Hi,

Gazah, I am very sorry to see you step down as a moderator. In my opinion you have done a great job, and I know that you have acted professionally.

Being a moderator is a no win situation. When things get nasty, people from both sides of an argument accuse you of being biased, heavy handed etc etc etc. No-one thanks you when you do a good job. You don't get anything in return for all the hours you put into moderating the boards. However,if you put one little toe out of place, people will jump on your back.

I didn't see all of the posts on the problematic thread. However, I saw enough to see that it was getting nasty, personal and not the kind of stuff I want to see on mini2. Lets all get back to what we love, the mini (DOH) :D :D :D

You are the second moderator we have lost to the Aussie forums due to similar problems.

Everyone should remember, if there are no moderators, the boards will soon become anarchic and useless :(

I hope you reconsider your decision, but understand you position if you dont

Look forward to seeing you on the boards and on runs

Robbo

·
Whatev.
2,878 Posts
Gaz, you have done what must be an awful and thankless job very well indeed. :)

All the best, don't be a stranger.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
resignation

Sorry to read this -maybe its a blessing in disguise giving you more time to enjoy your lovely daughter and wife-see you soon .
all the best BOB

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Hi All

It is with great disappointment to see that Gazah have decided to resign from the moderator position on M2. Let's hope that he does not become a stranger!

Can we put all politics and personalities aside and remind ourselves why we are on MINI2. Yes, it's all about a car and the feelings/emotion that it brings to us, whether that be with other similar people or on our own.

Let's not forget that.

So, please pick up your MINI keys, go outside, get in your cars and go for a drive.

Enough preaching from me.

Thanks for your efforts Gaz.

Chris :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
XMINIX said:
Hi All

It is with great disappointment to see that Gazah have decided to resign from the moderator position on M2. Let's hope that he does not become a stranger!

Can we put all politics and personalities aside and remind ourselves why we are on MINI2. Yes, it's all about a car and the feelings/emotion that it brings to us, whether that be with other similar people or on our own.

Let's not forget that.

So, please pick up your MINI keys, go outside, get in your cars and got for a drive.

Enough preaching from me.

Thanks for your efforts Gaz.

Chris :confused: :confused: :confused:
AGREE!

·
Brass Cannons
3,488 Posts
Off comes the hat

:D out comes the smile.

I feel like I have lost a moderator and gained a friend, Gazah I want to thank you for all the work you have done on MINI2. It is a lost to the site and a gain to your family.
I look forwards to seeing you in the future, and get that Baby capsule fitted so we can all see the Baby :D

Hat anybody ?http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001

·
Registered
875 Posts
Thanks for doing a great job. It sounds like every moderator cops a hell of a lot of flack and even threats, often for things they didn't do. It was a tough job, and one that I believe you did without bias.

Now get out there and enjoy life. :D

They are big shoes - hopefully MINI2 can find someone who can fill them.

Cheers

Ken

·
MCSJCW
1,667 Posts
I was told by a fellow Mini2 member of your decision to leave, and I didn't believe them.
It's a pity that it has come to this.

I would like to thank you for all your tireless work as a mod on this site, as I know it would be a hard job and not many people could ever fill the shoes of a mod. Your dealings with all issues, including yesterday's, have only ever been in a professional manner, with your personal judgment not clouding any decisions IMHO.

We all wish you would stay on and leave the hat on.

Hope to see you on a run soon.

Cheers

Karen (and Stu) :D

·
MINI Traitor
4,974 Posts
I just can't hide my dissapointment at this. :( As someone who has been in a similar position recently, I can understand what Gary has gone through in the last 48 hours. I respect his decision, but I hope he will re-consider.

I genuinely hope that it's a wake up call for many of you. If we can all be respectfull to each other, and leave politics out of it then this place would be a lot nicer place to be.

·
Gone Old School
745 Posts
Gaz, Like the other fellow Mini2 Aussies i am not impressed :mad: that some people have driven you to the decision you have made :confused: . I would like to see this forum as a happy :D community forum for Aussies and our love for the Cars that we all enjoy. Here's wishing you the best mate, and hope that all goes well with the Bub and you get some quality time in the car.

Giles

PS If your reconsider.. i for one would back your decision.

·
You are number 6
5,267 Posts
Gary, I am sorry you have resigned your position as moderator.

In the short time we have shared the duties I have not known you to put a foot wrong.

You have consistently made excellent decisions without fear or favour and I for one am grateful for your help and support over the last few months.

Mike

·
I am Jacks wasted life
557 Posts
Mini 2, Australia at least, long ago become a group within a group, with its own llittle clique all p|ssfarting around behind the scenes with their own little agenda's despite them all crying loudly that they're not.. i couldnt give a toss one way or another on all the crap..most know the issues, those that dont i wouldnt worry a wink about it..

I dont have the time nor the inclinaiton to continue to read the forum anymore.. i pop in now and again see if theres anything actually worth reading thats informative or new.. there generally isnt.. i get updated now and again from people here and then on the latest little "MINI" mini-series playing out here and it never ceases to suprise me the nonsense that goes on here

I honestly believe you deciding to give up moderator status wont help or hinder the situation.. i say just stay on.. ignore the douche bags.. the nonsense will all blow over .. you're not murdering babies or raping innocent goats for crying out loud.. its only an internet forum

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
FLiPSiDE said:
I honestly believe you deciding to give up moderator status wont help or hinder the situation.. i say just stay on.. ignore the douche bags.. the nonsense will all blow over .. you're not murdering babies or raping innocent goats for crying out loud.. its only an internet forum
Oddly put, but TRUE DAT. :p
I understand your move. Politics kills everyones emotions.
But as Wes stated, its just a internet forum, dont let such a small thing get to you.
I personally believe that M2 has been directed on a new tangent relating to general information.
And to all moderators please remember not to make a mountain out of a molehill.
ITS ONLY A CHAT SITE ABOUT A CAR!! Nothing else, it does'nt live and breath and wont affect your lives if something goes wrong.

·
my second passion, a tin!
729 Posts
FLiPSiDE said:
Mini 2, Australia at least, long ago become a group within a group, with its own llittle clique all p|ssfarting around behind the scenes with their own little agenda's despite them all crying loudly that they're not.. i couldnt give a toss one way or another on all the crap..most know the issues, those that dont i wouldnt worry a wink about it..

I dont have the time nor the inclinaiton to continue to read the forum anymore.. i pop in now and again see if theres anything actually worth reading thats informative or new.. there generally isnt.. i get updated now and again from people here and then on the latest little "MINI" mini-series playing out here and it never ceases to suprise me the nonsense that goes on here

Which sadly comes down to question why as adults do we need moderators:( Should we not not be able to discuss topics openly and freely without overt intervention.

I watch this forum with interest as I sponsor two sporting forums both as moderator and hoster and we have minimal requirements for change or moderation.(basically moving sale adds to the right area), the group as a whole "self-moderates". I agree that at times I am a great "agitator" on issues and discussions, but is this not part of a healthy debate?

So leads the question, does moderation lead to an overly relaxed view of responsibility? Are we as moderators saving the minority from the minority? And looking back at recent posts are we recording history or re-writing it for a few?

This is probably going to open its own can of worms and I know Paul Mullett has provided a detailed posting on forum process.

Think about it people, because if we dont the forum process will self dectrsuct

Stu Jones

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
/me longs for the olden days when everyone that was involved in the local "community" knew all the history and understood what was going on... :(

oh well

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.