MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Man in the know!
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MINI have announced the availability of the Arm rest/bluetooth prep, as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are pleased to confirm that Bluetooth Telephone Preparation, Voice Control and Front Centre Armrest will be available as additional Options from Production week 7, February 2005.

This Option will be available at a cost of £1,050 for the MINI One, MINI One D and MINI Cooper Hatch, and MINI One and MINI Cooper Convertible. For the MINI Cooper S Hatch and Convertible, it will be available at a cost of £930. Additionally, Bluetooth will contain the following options as standard:

249 - Multifunction Steering Wheel
255 - Sports Leather Steering Wheel
473 - Front Centre Armrest
650 - Single CD
657 - Radio BOOST

Voice Control for Bluetooth Phone Preparation will be available at a cost of £200 for all models. This Option will be compatible with Bluetooth, allowing the user to perform a number of functions. It will also be compatible with Option 609 - Satellite Navigation with TMC, allowing you to request Map etc. through voice control. Listed below are some commands accepted by the Voice Control:

Dial Number
Dial Name
Store Name
Delete Name
Read Phone Book
Record Note
Read Note Pad
Clear Note Pad

Sat Nav Commands:
Will be used to display map, alter the scale, request information (points of interest) at current location or destination, save current location, start guidance, provide an alternative route, and repeat or mute instructions. Some typical examples of commands are:

Map
Hotel
Petrol Station

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, there you go!!

Regards
Minty

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Check that your B'tooth phone would work eith this setup before ordering - despite B'tooth being a 'standard' BMW have had some issues with compatability...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Nope, no new Nokias supported. Blame Nokia, they've withdrawn all support for third party manufacturers with their bluetooth phones. Basically, I think the gist is they want you to buy their own bluetooth car kits...

·
Man in the know!
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
StevePSB said:
Nope, no new Nokias supported. Blame Nokia, they've withdrawn all support for third party manufacturers with their bluetooth phones. Basically, I think the gist is they want you to buy their own bluetooth car kits...
correct, nokia have been really helpfull and changed the bluetooth protocol for there phones...so it no longer talks to other devices like a normal phone would. nokia will not release this information to any manufacturer, so its not just BMW/MINI that are affected.

you can still use your nokia phones...to a fashion. on BM's you can still make and recieve calls, however the phonebook is not transferred to the car.

still the siemens phones are good...and i imagine the SE K700i will apear after a while...afterall the previous SE phones have been fine.

S

·
Small + Car = Big Smiles
368 Posts
Hi There Minty,

Thank you for this information. Some questions - if I may? :D

I spoke to my dealer about this today and they sounded a bit unsure / puzzled! :confused:

A bit of background info :

I already have the Chili Pack on my MCS order - that gives me the Sports Leather Steering Wheel (normally £ 60), Radio BOOST (normally £ 140). I understand that the CHILI Pack gives these items to you at a reduced rate, but I am not privy to the breakdown of the prices.

I also have Sat Nav on order that gives me the Single CD included (use to be £ 70).

I also ordered the Multifunction Steering Wheel @ £ 160.

When the dealer added the Bluetooth Telephone Preparation to my order I asked him if these "standard" items will now be discounted. He first seemed unsure and then phoned me back saying that the cost will be reduced to £ 730. Now I understand that I will not be able to calculate the exact discount due to the CHILI Pack pricing but this seems wrong to me. I get it to be around £ 500 extra for the bluetooth when you consider the items I already ordered.

Am I right in calculating it this way?

I also wanted the Voice Control (yes I know - I am a bit of a gadget freak! :p :p !) and thought he might have added the £ 200 already but he said that still needs to go on top!! :eek:

If my calculations are correct, who do I need to speak to get my point across? It has already been an uphill battle to get them to understand what I meant when I said "Bluetooth Integration".

I understand from your post at the start of the thread that should I have say a Nokia 6230 (with Bluetooth capability), I will be able to use all functions on the Telephone Integration and Voice Control. I assume that it will be similar to the X5 where the only part of the kit that you actually loose out on is the convenience of charging your phone's battery through the armrest connection.

Am I right in this assumption and if so do I still need to specify which phone "cradle" I would like in the armrest?

I apologize for the long post but nobody else seem to have much information to go on at the moment!

Thank you!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.