MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
John Cooper Works Pricing Latest

As announced in Cape Town in February, we are delighted to confirm details of the launch of the new MINI John Cooper Works models as follows:

Nomenclature:

The naming of the new John Cooper Works models are as follows:

R56 Hatch - MINI John Cooper Works
R55 Clubman - MINI John Cooper Works Clubman

Please note, we can't use the term "JCW" in any customer-facing communication, because we don't own the rights to the abbreviation.

MINI John Cooper Works Launch Date:

The launch of the MINI John Cooper Works is set for Tuesday 22 July 2008 to coincide with Press Day at the British International Motorshow at ExCel London.

MINI John Cooper Works Clubman Launch Date:

The UK launch of the R55 John Cooper Works Clubman will take place later, in 2009 (current planning date is 03/09 but this is yet to be confirmed). The delay in launching this model in the UK is due to the non-availability of the R55 JCW aerokit, which is part of the standard specification for all UK MINI John Cooper Works Clubman models. We are working with Munich to bring this model to market as soon as possible.

Pricing:

Model Code
Model Description
OTR Price
MF92
MINI John Cooper Works (R56)
£20,995​

Pricing for the MINI John Cooper Works Clubman is to be confirmed at a later stage.

MINI John Cooper Works - Standard Specification:

Non-metallic PaintworkATE1 - Black Cloth ChequeredJohn Cooper Works Aerodynamic Kit (Accessory Version)325 - Rear Roof Spoiler (Same as Cooper S)17" Cross Spoke Challenge Light Alloy Wheels with Run-flat tyres210 - Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)5DT - Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)302 - Alarm System481 - Sports Seats (Same as Cooper S)4AA - Anthracite Headlining4AU - Additional Decor Rings4BD - Interior Trim Piano Black4UF - Sport Button530 - Manual Air Conditioning5DA - Front Passenger Air Bag De-activation5DD - Car Jack694 - CD Prep6FC - Radio Boost with Single CD736 - 2nd Remote Key785 - White Indicators

Transmission Availability:

All John Cooper Works models will be available in manual transmission only.

Alloy Wheels:

All John Cooper Works models come with unique 17" Cross Spoke Challenge alloy wheels with Run-flat tyres (205/45 R17 84W RSC - 7J x 17). There is no alternative alloy wheel option available from the Factory.

Product Library:

Standard Equipment, Technical Data, Optional Equipment, Colour Linked Parts, Upholstery, Paintwork and Trim information has been published on the Infonet under:
Product / MINI John Cooper Works / Product Library.

Images will be loaded on to this Product News on Wednesday 30 April.

CHILI Pack:

Because option 530 Manual Air Conditioning is part of the standard equipment for the MINI John Cooper Works model, the CHILI Pack content for MINI John Cooper Works will now be:

FK - Cloth/Leather Ray Upholstery
226 - Sports Suspension (must be specified)
420 - Darkened Rear Glass
423 - Floor Mats
450 - Passenger Seat Height Adjustment
493 - Storage Compartment Package
520 - Front Fog Lights
522 - Bi-Xenon Lights
534 - Automatic Air Conditioning
550 - On-Board Computer
563 - Interior Lights Package
6ND - Basic Bluetooth with USB

CHILI Pack price: £1,650

IVS and SA3:

Ordering via IVS and SA3 will be released on Thursday 1 May.

·
JCW rocks!
12 Posts
More questions than answers now!! But glad to see there are plenty options - I was worried we would be locked into black chequer recarro sports seats and piano black trim.... My slot is booked, I CANNOT WAIT TO SEC MY NEW BABY!!!

·
Loving his JCW!!!
273 Posts
Are the Sports seats and 3 Spoke sports wheel, JCW parts?
No they are standard as fitted to the cooper s. You can then have the JCW seats, and wheel (which is the same but trimmed in proper leather and padded out slightly) retrofitted as a dealer option. (Very expensive though!)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm gutted that the Clubman has been delayed till at least March!:eek: I guess it'll be worth the wait tho if the aero kit is included! My main question is when will we get to see what the new Clubman JCW Aero kit's gonna look like? :confused:

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
My guess - January. So you get to order one now and wait, not knowing what it will look like, not knowing what it will cost, and not knowing whether they will end up cancelling the Clubman JCW through "lack of interest" (which must be a possibility - plenty of other premium "hot hatches" are available in just one body style - it's rare for a manufacturer to offer it's top of the range hatch in both 3- and 5-door arrangements; just how many examples of this fabled JCW aerokit are they going to sell if the rest of the world are getting the JCW Clubman in August without bodykit?).

I won't wait and can't wait - so I'm actively looking at sourcing a "rest of the world" JCW Clubman this summer, having cancelled my UK order once it was clear that I'd have to wait until Q2/2009 for one in the UK.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Apparently you CAN NOT spec the LSD on the factory JCW cars, because of the ediff and the new DTC.

Not a forward step me thinks:rolleyes:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I agree it's not a step forward i'd have thought they would have included LSD as well...oh well :( I'm guessing that the Clubman Aero Kit would be more or less the same as the hatch (well the front & side skirts at least!) it's the rear bumper part of the kit i'm wanting to know about!:D

"not knowing whether they will end up cancelling the Clubman JCW through lack of interest" , don't say that i NEED this car!:aargh: lol, i'm willing to wait if the kit comes as standard & after seeing the revised Chili pack it means that the car will cost me a little bit less than i was anticipating it would!

·
338 Posts
I'm guessing that the Clubman Aero Kit would be more or less the same as the hatch (well the front & side skirts at least!) it's the rear bumper part of the kit i'm wanting to know about!
I've been lead to believe that you are absolutely right. And you'll get to find out next year what the rear bumper looks like.

i'm willing to wait if the kit comes as standard & after seeing the revised Chili pack it means that the car will cost me a little bit less than i was anticipating it would!
I'm miserable right now, because waiting for me isn't an option. It's either buy one from Germany (for about £1,500-£2k more than the UK price, I reckon), buy something else in the meantime and swap next year (not sure what that would cost - but it won't be pretty), or buy a Golf.

You know, sad as it is, that Golf's looking more and more attractive right now :(

·
338 Posts
Added to which, it's bloomin' difficult to spec a car on the German website when my German is limited to "zwei beir bitte" (especially as I'm never too sure whather I'm going to get two beers or three). Of course, the UK site having speccable JCW cars would make life easier, but no - it's still showing just the JCW tuning bits.

I'm thinking that they either want so much of my money they should get nothing, or don't want any of it al all.

·
338 Posts
Did I say £1500 to £2k price difference? Ha. It's over £3k if you like your extras, and have added in to the spec thinks that are standard in the UK but optional on the continent.

·
Loving his JCW!!!
273 Posts
Did I say £1500 to £2k price difference? Ha. It's over £3k if you like your extras, and have added in to the spec thinks that are standard in the UK but optional on the continent.
I don't think a 3k premium is worth it. For the money in th UK you could get a Golf R32, or the highly rated Audi S3. You could even nearly get the New Impreza STi if that sort of thing is your cup of tea. I suppose with any of these though your gonna be stung with large depreciation out of the showroom. Really though, unless you can live with a hatchback JCW it looks like you are going to have to look elsewhere.

It really is beyond belief that a company of Minis size cant manufacture a rear bumper in a couple of months! Its really a complete shambles.

·
338 Posts
Yup. Unless something pretty radical comes to mind, it's either get stung for about £3-4k (not going to happen), wait 9 months while struggling with an unsuitable car (that already has a fair few miles on the clock), or buy something else. Gosh darn it, I wish that MINI UK weren't being so narrow-minded, or alternatively I wish that I wasn't so loyal to the brand. I just find it galling to think that I'm almost being *forced* into buying a Golf. By a company with a vested interest in my *not* doing that. When they acknowledge that they will sell Works Clubman cars on the continent this summer, and will also sell Works Clubman cars in the UK with the aerokit being an option that can be deleted (after delaying things for precisely that aerokit). But I fear that I'm going round in circles. No amount of talking to them will get them to change their minds (which frankly makes me even more inclined to go elsewhere, but I really do like MINIs).

R32 won't work BTW. Quite apart from the scary fuel consumption, cost (once stuff like leather, aircon and satnav is specced), and insurance, VW do what almost all other manufacturers do - make their top of the range hot hatch in just 3-door configuration. MINI are somewhat unusual in not sticking to that formula and offering the Works in the larger Clubman body (eventually, of course). I need 5 doors, though the club door on the right hand side will do.

·
JCWaiting!
237 Posts
R32 won't work BTW. Quite apart from the scary fuel consumption, cost (once stuff like leather, aircon and satnav is specced), and insurance, VW do what almost all other manufacturers do - make their top of the range hot hatch in just 3-door configuration. MINI are somewhat unusual in not sticking to that formula and offering the Works in the larger Clubman body (eventually, of course). I need 5 doors, though the club door on the right hand side will do.
Incorrect, the R32, GTi, GTi Edition 30 are/were all available in 3 and 5 door versions.

41 - 60 of 170 Posts