MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a bit of help...

As well as the MINI I've got a Pugeot Partner van that has an offset of 15-20. I've found some alloys wih an offset of 38 and wondered if I get spacers will the wheels fit or am I way off? :)

Thanks

·
watchalookinat
120 Posts
are u saying offsets are 15 rear 20 front? are they staggered? are they wider than stock?
an et (offset) of 38 will work.
u will need a 20mm spacer. that will put ur new offset at 18. it will be 2mm off.
if u want exact u will need a 18mm spacer, that will have to be a custom order part.
same goes for 15, there u will need a 23mm spacer to be exact.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

The wheels are from Halfords who I'd never normally go with but the guy there sounds like he knows what he's doing. He can order some hubcentric spacers in for £50 so it's not too bad @ £250 all in.

·
watchalookinat
120 Posts
Thanks for the info.

The wheels are from Halfords who I'd never normally go with but the guy there sounds like he knows what he's doing. He can order some hubcentric spacers in for £50 so it's not too bad @ £250 all in.
welcome!
do ya have any pix. of these wheels? sounds like a killer deal if ur getting hubcentric spacers.....

Can somebody explain what offset means in relations to wheels

Bit dim here!

Thanks
it can be a bit confusing. offset on a wheel will dictate how a wheel will fall in ur wheel well. a low number like 20 will move wheel closer to fender edge. a high number like 38 will move wheel closer to ur hub, brakes or damper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts