MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods: I know this should've been in the offtopic section but I need some Australian input. If you can, please leave it here for a day or so then feel free to move it thanks :)

Ok, what's exactly is a Barter Card? Where can I use it? Reason why I am asking is, I've just put my car on Carsales and some dude wants to pay me $10k worth of Barter Card credit and the rest in cash.........and is it safe?

Thanks.

·
Cruising In The Minge
773 Posts
Barter card is basically a barter system. Instead of cash you get barter dollars to spend. Lots of places you could spend the money but in my experience 90% of the time you will be overcharged. Some people do really well with barter card but it just didnt agree with me at all.

My advice would be not to take the offer, if you were already a seasoned barter card user it might be a different story but there is nothing like cash.

·
Twincharge???
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well $10k credit for $4k cash did sound pretty damn good if you ask me. Suddenly there's $6k coming from nowhere for the same stuff. The guy originally wanted to pay me with $20k credit but obviously I knock it back straight away.

Maybe I'll have to reconsider, thanks Babes for the insight.

Now I wonder is there's any dealers that may take Bartercard........:D

·
Whatev.
2,878 Posts
I have seen many clients get involved in barter systems - some do ok - most dont. Besides the hassle of being able to actually spend the dollars - like babes said barter prices are generally inflated so one barter dollar is worth much less than one cash dollar.

·
Cruising In The Minge
773 Posts
definately think hard about it..if he is offering you 10K barter for 4K what does that tell you???

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
I have had some dealings with Bartercard - I DONT LIKE IT!!

The representatives are pushy and tried to play funny buggers with us at my work.

We did the math and saw that it was no financial benefit to our business, as most of the people were infact twats to deal with anyway - not worth the hassle.

There are no tax benefits, it is still income - alot harder to fudge from the books etc.

Todd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.