MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I just ordered my 05 works kit and am having it installed on the 15th of December! I also am getting a strut brace installed at the same time! All for the low low price of 4700 Euros! Can't wait till spring/summer to go to the Nurburgring and give it a whirl!

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
Ohhhh…. Congrats!!! :) :) ….

I’m just on the verge of doing the same myself :) as a matter of interest, how much of that is the strut brace and do they make a big difference to the handling? I was also thing of getting the brakes and/or the suspension upgrades, but don’t think I can justify the extra cash. Is the strut brace useful for fast road or only for track work??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
about 180 Euro of that is for the strut brace and it does stiffen up the front suspension quite a bit. This car is my everyday driver plus I track it once and awhile so it is nice that this particular brace is adjustable.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You're going to LOVE it! I'm driving around in an 05 MCS with a JCW kit and it's absolutely incredible. The whine coming from the supercharger is very cool. If you really want some kicks, just turn off the ASC/DSC and watch those front wheels go up in smoke! :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
JCW 210 & Suspension

TheOfficeMaven said:
You're going to LOVE it! I'm driving around in an 05 MCS with a JCW kit and it's absolutely incredible.
Oh yes, Guysdaman, you're going to absolutley love it :cool: Your bank manager might not be so pleased but that's a whole different issue.

CooperID said:
I was also thing of getting the brakes and/or the suspension upgrades, but don’t think I can justify the extra cash.
I picked up my upgraded 04 MCS on Saturday from JCG having had the 210 package AND the suspension upgrade. It pulls like a train and sticks firmly to the road on the twisties - not skitty or as uncomfortable as some lead me to believe despite my S Spokes and run-flats. It is top fun. A great all-round package and feels very together. Very tight.

CooperID said:
Is the strut brace useful for fast road or only for track work??
Not sure about the strut brace; I am sure I read somewhere on here that someone had crashed their strut-fitted Mini and fared badly due to the effect on the crumple zones. Food for thought perhaps. Like you, I'd be curious to understand this option better :confused: Although it does not specifically look at the JCW options, this thread has some info that you might find useful Strut Brace

Cheers,

Fraz

·
Registered
43 Posts
more food for thought

States side there is a racing team, Nuzzo, that is fielding a MCS in the Grand Am series. From photos, there is no strut tower brace installed in their MINI. interesting, no?

They do have a massive air/air intercooler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts