MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slid sideways on a patch of black ice this morning, and smashed the near-side front wheel, flat-face into the kerb at about 30mph. I think I've buggered the tracking and/or steering and/or suspension....

The REALLY pulls left now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Arse,

That's a bit of a bummer. Probably hurts more that you actually just got the car not long ago. If it makes you feel any better I did something similar and ran into a kerb scuffing my alloy badly 2 weeks after owning my MINI. Not best pleased at all...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bad Luck ! - I hate to ask at a time like this but do you have ASC+T and if so did it help? (if only a bit)

Dave:(

·
Registered
612 Posts
Even now those burly mechanics are getting their caressing gloves on ready to welcome your car back. What a thought! Did you notice that Martyn did a similar thing except it fixed his pull?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've got a Cooper arriving next month with DSC, so will be interested to see how it would help in this situation. My guess is that both ASC and DSC won't be hugely helpful with black ice, as by the time you are on it you have lost all traction.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dsc wasn't available, so i don't have that.

asc+t did nothing, i don't even think the light came on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to hear about that mate. I had a near miss this weekend on some ice so I can sympathise. I have spotted ASC&T kicking a few times though and it does seem to help out.

Get well soon Pilchard's MINI...

·
Registered
298 Posts
?!!!

Between £80 and £100. Not bad really. Pilc do u have to wear special shoes so your paws reach the pedals?

Mark
:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
612 Posts
Wheel Price

Pilchard, £99 inc VAT for a single 5 Star

·
Registered
632 Posts
ice rink!

Sorry to hear about your encounter Pilch.

If you have access to Top Gear GTi prog on UK Horizons (I don`t) on New Year`s Eve, they are featuring "a MINI Cooper on an ice rink".

Not trying to be funny - it`s just that your story brought it to my attention and may be of interest to you or others here!

Just checked - looks like it`s on at 11:30AM (31 Dec.)

Meanwhile I hope you get it all sorted OK!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Never mind!

another 8 lives left I suppose:D :D :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
Not exactly MINIMARK just think of me as connected.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
strangely this was exactly the same accident as when I wrote off my classic mini in 1995

only the old mini's wheel almost fell off

·
Registered
632 Posts
almost fell off when ?

pilchardthecat said:
strangely this was exactly the same accident as when I wrote off my classic mini in 1995

only the old mini's wheel almost fell off
Strange Encounters - did the old Mini`s wheel almost fall off before or after?

You! Should have known better with (another) MINI like her! pilch!

;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts