1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
spin my nipple nuts and send me to Alaska

screw in run flat

near red blob in pic

is this in a pluggable area and were plugs run flats (ATS Kwit Fit Dealer Indie)

if not what are we talking £150 plus ???

managed near 11k miles on these
if i need a tyre one front is going to have more tread on do i need to replace in pairs ?

i should add there's no loss of pressure still on 2.5 bar

Attachments

·
I'm avin 'oops
1,225 Posts
mmmmm

if it is a screw then the reason for non loss of pressure is probably that it has gone in so far that teh tyre has sealed around it.

personally I would replace the tyre I never like the fixed sort as then the fix is only as good as the person doing it rather than the entire tyre.

yes it is an expensive replacement and I am lucky as Pepe is a company car and I do not have to pay but if you are happy with it then live with it until you have the spare cash to replace.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
It's right on the borderline between the main tread, and the sidewall shoulder... Some tyre firms won't repair this, but if you find a good one, they should do it for you.

Providing it hasn't damaged the shoulder section of the tyre (the part which takes the load when flat) it is repairable :)

·
MINI on the brain!!!
1,510 Posts
I had a screw in my runflat like that once.. took it to the tyre place and the guy just pulled it out and checked the tyre in the water tank and it was fine... he didn't plug it or anything.... i'm still driving on it :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well both ATS and slow fit would not even look at it and ATS wanted a quite amazing £228 for replacement

can get one £135 online

phoned a indie and he reckons he can plug it so going tomorrow
thanks all 4 help

·
MINI on the brain!!!
1,510 Posts
Well... again for the 2nd time this year, I now have a screw in my runflat AGAIN!!!! Same tyre and same side... GRRRR.... Hopefully it will be as easy a process as it was last time... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts