MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to mini2.com and just got a 2012 mini hardtop base with 61,000 miles. With all cars I buy like to change fluids, spark plugs, belts so I have pease of mind knowing its been done and when it was done. We'll I decided tonight to change out the spark plugs and found that there was oil on and in the spark plug and in the well, and a little on the coil boot but totally dry on the treads. The car runs great no check engine lights, have had it for about 3 months now. I just thought its weird the whole engine is bone dry of any oil leaks which is not a surprise with only 61,000. But could it really need a valve cover and spark plug gaskets replaced this soon??

We'll let me know what you all think. Thanks

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Hey guys new to mini2.com and just got a 2012 mini hardtop base with 61,000 miles. With all cars I buy like to change fluids, spark plugs, belts so I have pease of mind knowing its been done and when it was done. We'll I decided tonight to change out the spark plugs and found that there was oil on and in the spark plug and in the well, and a little on the coil boot but totally dry on the treads. The car runs great no check engine lights, have had it for about 3 months now. I just thought its weird the whole engine is bone dry of any oil leaks which is not a surprise with only 61,000. But could it really need a valve cover and spark plug gaskets replaced this soon??

We'll let me know what you all think. Thanks
i would suggest that someone has been in side the rocker cover before maybe, with 61k on it chances are it might of had its first timing chain just before you bought it hopefully, if not then its a remove the rocker cover and put new seals in,, would check first the two 10mm bolts n middle of cover are tight

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
mike1967
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing