MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have no idea what it could be. I have a R53 Mini Cooper S. There seams to be a leak from the back of the head above the exhaust head, but I dont know for sure. Could this be the head Gasket here are images as the fluid has covered everything back there, but it does not seem to be a big leak as there is really nothing much on the ground.

Or could this be transmission, have no idea, but when I drive for awhile there is a oil like burning smell.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a kit somewhere that has everything I need in replacing this and maybe even a link to a how to with the tools I need. I'm very confident around any engine.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If it is the rocker cover gasket (cant tell for sure on pictures) you just need a rocker/valve cover gasket which some sell as a set with the spark plug tube seals (advisable to change these at same time) its a relatively easy job just a bit more to it with the S as you have to remove the intercooler. I am sure if you google it you should be able to find a how to.
You will need some torx bits for intercooler & brackets & a deep 8mm socket for the rocker cover bolts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts