MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I’m new to the forum and mini game so hopefully this goes well... I’ve recently purchased a 59 plate Mini Cooper S n14 engine, when performing a rather sharp turn at low speed the oil pressure sensor sends up a warning on screen, however I know there is plenty of oil in... was wondering why this was, any help is greatly appreciated, cheers

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
Hi there, I’m new to the forum and mini game so hopefully this goes well... I’ve recently purchased a 59 plate Mini Cooper S n14 engine, when performing a rather sharp turn at low speed the oil pressure sensor sends up a warning on screen, however I know there is plenty of oil in... was wondering why this was, any help is greatly appreciated, cheers
you say you know there is plenty of oil in there,, when car has been sat for couple of hours where on dip stick does oil reach to,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Above the circular cut out at the bottom end of the plastic bit on dipstick and below the top of the plastic bit. I believe this is whereabouts it should be?

you say you know there is plenty of oil in there,, when car has been sat for couple of hours where on dip stick does oil reach to,[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you've only just bought the car, I think I'd change the filter & oil first.
Maybe go up one grade of oil?
... & see what you've got ...
After all, it is a 9-yr-old car, so a pressure test with a real pressure gauge is simple & not expensive at a garage.
You'll be looking for 50-60lbs psi at normal running speeds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great stuff thank you, well it’s booked in for a full service next week so I will also get the pressure checked, thank you for the advice

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I’ve had diagnostics ran and no fault codes showing, thank you for that article though, be useful if it does brake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Isaact7
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing