MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
and can we have a prognosis Dr bhozar?
and congratulations on your 1000th post
I'm neither a mechanic, nor an engineer, but they look fine to me. If you look in the pictures you will see the sides are slightly worn, but the flats look okay to me.

As the engine was out and bits were being renewed in that area, I thought it wise to change the oil pump when the parts only cost a few quid.

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
...Yes they look perfect to me too. Minor scratching on the sides is pefectly normal on all Cooper S's.
:smile:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was looking for my answer and I googled it and found it in Mini2. I am going to change my cylinder head soon and pistons with big valve head. Also I have to change the PROFILE-GASKET of the oil pump cover because it sealing from there. So is it better to change the oil pump too? What exactly oil pump parts are?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone.. I just had a miss hap.. when I was changing oil I left the cover open and my latex glove was on too of it. When I started the engine to see the true oil level, the glove got sucked in.. now the oil light comes on.. can anyone help me on what am I expecting with this accident? I know it's a terrible mistake.. I hope it's nothing major (maybe it got stuck on the oil filter so it prevented it to circulate and throw the oil light to comes on due to oil is not being circulated) thank you in advance everyone..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone.. I just had a miss hap.. when I was changing oil I left the cover open and my latex glove was on top of it. When I started the engine to see the true oil level, the glove got sucked in.. now the oil light comes on.. can anyone help me on what am I expecting with this accident? I know it's a terrible mistake.. I hope it's nothing major (maybe it got stuck on the oil filter so it prevented it to circulate and throw the oil light to comes on due to oil is not being circulated) thank you in advance everyone..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
13 Participants
Alta R53
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing