MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dominique et Karine
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I want install myself the gauges supplementary (oil temperature and voltage). for my MC S, where is the OIL sensor at the motor ?

who have the plan for this sensor ? who must i install this ??? :confused:

thank for you reponse :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I seem to remember reading that the oil temp sensor for the aux. guages fit into the drain plug on the oil pan. Can't remember where I heard that though, so it may be bohunkus.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
DeK said:
Hello,

I want install myself the gauges supplementary (oil temperature and voltage). for my MC S, where is the OIL sensor at the motor ?

who have the plan for this sensor ? who must i install this ??? :confused:

thank for you reponse :)
The oil pressure sensor is right next to the oil filter. Find sensor. Disconnect wire, unscrew sensor, screw in T fitting with original sensor screwed in the end. Screw oil pressure line or sensor for gauge into other opening.

It's a whole lot of screw'n around. :D

Some have drilled the end of the oil filter canister, but don't do it. The canister is too thin to hold threads and not leak, plus you have to remove it everytime you change the oil.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
DeK said:
OK for the pressure, and for the temperature ?

i want install the temperature OIL sensor (not pressure), I must look the oil filter :)
The sensor I'm talking about measures the pressure.

I'm not sure it would be a good place to tie in for oil temp. After looking for the oil pressure sensor and finding it, I asked the service manager at the Mini dealership what threads the block would have and if there was a problem tapping in at this point for my oil pressure gauge. He gladly told me that was the best place to get oil pressure. You might ask your service manager about the oil temp location if no one can tell you on here.

Good Luck

·
Dominique et Karine
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the problem is result...

The problem is result, I have the "instruction" from MINI (9 pages) for this operation, with plan, electric schémas, and explication, very simple !!!
my garage at print for me this instruction, and i have order the part with gauges in silver, tuesday is good, i can work this part at may S !!!

many thank for help ;)

·
Dominique et Karine
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gauges ready

after 3 hours meticulous assenbly, the result is very good, i am happy to my work

show the pictures... many thank for your support

what is your opinion for that ???

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.