MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the new JCW that much different to the old, does 10bhp and closer ratios on 3rd and 4th make it the car it always should have been or not.
Are there any other changes?
I've read some glowing articles about how much faster the new one is, is it true?
Also does anyone know the new ratios (mph per 1000rpm please).

·
Sitting on a park bench..
1,183 Posts
I'd specifically be interested in old and new on the same pre-'05 MCS....I've got JCW now and am trying to justify the $$$ for the upgrade in my mind. Over here in the US, GBMINI has ordered his, but they're not due in for another month or so.

·
Works 210BHP
19 Posts
Having just had the 210bhp upgrade. I would say that 10bhp don't sound much on paper but make one hell of a difference to the way the car performs. I had the 200bhp for about 4months and was feeling i would like a bit more and i certainly have that now!!!

·
See you in my rear view!!
901 Posts
If you have read my review then you will see I had the old JCW kit before the upgrade. It is well worth it and I highly recommend it....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I had the normal kit for just over a year and I was close to selling my MINI but now I am glad I didnt!!

You dont have to believe me...but just read my thread on the new JCW upgrade review and see how well recieved it has been.

Jones! :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jones said:
If you have read my review then you will see I had the old JCW kit before the upgrade. It is well worth it and I highly recommend it....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I had the normal kit for just over a year and I was close to selling my MINI but now I am glad I didnt!!

You dont have to believe me...but just read my thread on the new JCW upgrade review and see how well recieved it has been.

Jones! :D
Jones i can tell from your glowing review that it's probably replacement underpants you need more than replacement injectors!

I'm now even more interested what the combination of these modifications + new gear ratios will be like.

Does it feel like JC is being conservative with their 10bhp claims or is it the way way it delivers the power that so impressed you?

Is the new JCW out in the U.K. yet as no-one has written to say?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts