MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently cruise in my 2017 Lincoln MKZ - fully loaded luxury car. Been eyeing Minis for 3 years. What did I do? Went to Lincoln Dealer and told them when my lease expires I'm moving to a Mini Cooper. Guy thought I was nuts. Said what are you looking for since you don't want another Lincoln? I said used Mini Cooper S, hatchback, A/C and heated seats. MUST be Pumpkin Spice Orange (my fave color). Well guess WHAT was sitting on the lot - just came in as trade? Yup. 2011 Mini Cooper S, 75,000 miles, 2 DR hatchback, heated seats, AC, sunroof, racing stripes, Pumpkin Spice Orange! Within first 2 weeks since Lincoln mechanics have no working knowledge, went back to my former mechanic and he put in new plugs, new mini battery and we're waiting to see if I need to replace the coil ignition wires (4 of them). She runs like a champ. Honestly everywhere I go, people fall in LOVE with "Penelope". Her new name. I'm lucky I have a former mechanic who helped me rebuild an old 320i BMW for my son's 21st birthday. I think if I didn't have a mechanic I could trust, I would have been worried about getting this car. I know she will need fixes as we move forward, but I gotta tell ya, I AM HOOKED.

I've already ordered new plate covers with the Union Jack flag and just want to keep her running like new if possible.

Penelope.jpg

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had to Google Lincoln MKZ , so you've gone from a big monster car to the Mini, I take it this is an unusual car to have where you are located.
What do you think of the handling and performance of such a little car??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Such a difference. My Lincoln is all luxury. Fully loaded. Given a choice? I love and prefer driving my Mini. Handling. Speed. Power. Sportiness. Love it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts