MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mini2 Procrastinator
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my god! You will never guess what has happened to my baby :: cry :: :: cry ::

My dad is building an extension on the side of the house and the mini was nearby where he was building. To cut a long story short he got blobs of cement all over the windscreen an more importantly on the bonnet. When i saw it (at night time) i thought *****! Then i thought to myself i could just wash it off in the morning with the hose. But my dad beat me too it!!!! Instead he decided to wipe it off. In the process he has completely scratched the bonnet up to buggery! Will try waxing it but am pretty sure it has gotten into and scratched the lacquer? To make matters worse the paint is solid black so there is no metallic there to disguise it.

What can i do to treat the bonnet (on the cheap)?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
hugs, jc.

sorry can't offer practical advice...am sure someone will be able to.
the minis are hardy little beggers so she may polish up just fine.

kerrie r

·
Registered
139 Posts
Man, that sounds so bad.

I don't know how bad your scratches are, but I can tell you that the scratch-x (from Maguirers) is a minor miracle worker.

I have a car that I took to Maaco to get painted (I was poor) 6 years ago. I live in Texas and so you can imagine the weather / sun damage to a poor paint like that. It was VERY oxidized and dull. Instead of looking like a cool car, it was starting to look a little like a beater.

I spent about 6 hours this past week seeing what I could do to the car. Two coats of scratch-x, one coat of polish, two coats of wax. Shiniest car in the parking lot at work today. Not kidding.

It's still not a show car, but now it's back to being a 50 feet car ( it looks really good from 50 feet away ).

Of course now it's raining. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.