MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a call from the MINI dealer.

My new 05 Cooper S has arrived.

Do I want it today, or do I want to wait til Sept 2nd?

Obviously I want it today. But I'm going to wait til the 2nd :(

·
Its not small its Mini
163 Posts
AHHHH im feeling you, Mini told me i can have mine on wednesday, i was also hanging on for the new plate but now they bought it 2 weeks forward im not sure if i can wait knowing its ready to drive!

·
Its not small its Mini
163 Posts
Poisonedwell, in the UK the number plates change in september and march to indicate when it was registered. This can affect resale values and although to a lesser extent now it happens twice a year (used to be once) its a prestige thing that say "i have a new car" :)

Im not bothered by the plate as i have private plate but when i sell the car it gets a new plate with is age back on it and thats what affects the values. Probably a bit daft sounding to those on your side of the pond!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JoeBickley has it in one.

Could make about £500 difference when I come to sell it, but then it's gonna cost me about that in lost residuals on the current wheels.

Real reason is just so that I get 6 months of having a "new" car instear of 1 month :D

·
Its not small its Mini
163 Posts
Muki, just spoke to Synters where im getting mine from and they class their PX prices on the month and year it was made rather than the reg and said it would make no difference at all. But i think it will if i sell it private. However i borrowed my moms car for a while and she wants it back now and at 24 it costs an arm and a leg for a hire car for 3 weeks so im going to have mine i think.

·
MINININININININI!
225 Posts
i can only dream of getting mine early, I would probably give an arm and a leg to have it now (although it might hamper the driving skills I have!!!)

Just go get it, don't wait any longer!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was in the same position as you with the dealer phoning last Tuesday to say my car was about to be delivered. It was originally gonna be built this week, and delivered next week. But once I knew it was early, there was no way I could wait, and ordered a private plate. Even better I was working next to their storage compound, which is based 7 miles away from the garage. Guess whos car I saw? :D cant wait now. Picking it up tomorrow at 2pm as long as the insurance certificate arrives in the post

·
I will crush you
555 Posts
joebickley said:
Poisonedwell, in the UK the number plates change in september and march to indicate when it was registered. This can affect resale values and although to a lesser extent now it happens twice a year (used to be once) its a prestige thing that say "i have a new car" :)

Im not bothered by the plate as i have private plate but when i sell the car it gets a new plate with is age back on it and thats what affects the values. Probably a bit daft sounding to those on your side of the pond!
It sounds weird to me but it makes sense why you are waiting

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tough one! I would just go get. Thing is, there is now 6months between number plate changes, so the value difference between plates isnt as much now anyway.

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
RobHardyUK said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tough one! I would just go get. Thing is, there is now 6months between number plate changes, so the value difference between plates isnt as much now anyway.
But you just know dont you that a dealer will do you on trade in for that reason.... may only be £300.... Glasses guides still split and value by plate....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nah I'm gonna wait.

Need to get the current ride tidied up a little before trading it, anyway.

It's exciting, but I've waited this long, I can pretend it's not there for another 4 weeks.

My mate was winding me up about it last night something chronic tho :(

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
18 Participants
MukiMunki
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing