MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well again my Cooper S ends up on a flat bed truck.

Two weeks after I bought it (a year ago) the engine overheated and was replaced) after the supercharger pully snapped and therefore stopped spinning the water pump.

Yesterday my wife was driving to Toowoomba and the cabin filled with smoke so she pulled to the side fo the road, called World Assist, and the same flat bed truck driver who picked it up last year picked it up again.

He said it was something to do with the Aircon but Butler's BMW in Toowoomba will check it today. Meanwhile my wife is 200k's from home with our one-month-old son, I am in Mt Isa for two days for work approx 1500ks from home.

My "S" has been to Toowoomba six times but only made it back under its own steam four times.

Fun and games.
 

·
SOOTY!
Joined
·
161 Posts
Owch!

Does not sound like you have had much luck with your car Aussie Mini, lets hope they look after your wife 'n baby!

M
 

·
Once lost, now found..
Joined
·
204,985 Posts
Geez.

Sorry to hear mate :(

Hope it all gets sorted for you soon.
 

·
MINI Traitor
Joined
·
4,974 Posts
Bad news man. Let us know if there is anything we can do :eek: :eek: :(

I wonder if you can buy your old cooper back :) ;)
 

·
MINI Traitor
Joined
·
4,974 Posts
They should give you a car to get home with if it can't be easily fixed (and it sounds that way)?? Any news?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well just found out what it is.

Apparently the heater core failed and so they've bypassed it until the new heater gets here from Germany in three weeks.

Well at least it's back on the road. :(
 

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
Joined
·
2,467 Posts
swamos said:
I wonder if you can buy your old cooper back :) ;)
Good luck, Sally was out here last Saturday, she's tells everyone who will listen about how much she still loves driving it. But I think she is going to keep an eye out for a 2nd hand Convertable. when they finaly hit the market in a couple of years.
 

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
Joined
·
2,467 Posts
Danny, Have you ever thought that your Mini may not like Toowoomba :confused: It appears to me that it is only when you go there does the Mini have problems.
 

·
MINI Traitor
Joined
·
4,974 Posts
AussieMini said:
Well just found out what it is.

Apparently the heater core failed and so they've bypassed it until the new heater gets here from Germany in three weeks.

Well at least it's back on the road. :(
That's nasty. Kelly did well not to overheat it :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back in Brisbane now.

Thanks to all for the sympathy. :)

Now everytime I start up the aircon it smells of burnt plastic. I assume BMW will now OZONE my system and my car to rid the stench???

Public holiday in Brisbane tomorrow so I'll be riding BMW's A$$ on Thursday!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
875 Posts
AussieMini said:
Yesterday my wife was driving to Toowoomba and the cabin filled with smoke.
Bummer man - now I am really feeling guilty about lending you that Cheech and Chong CD.

Jokes aside. I missed the thread earlier - I am glad everyone is O.K. and that you'll be back on the road soon.

I guess that means that your not doing the overnight run to the vineyards this weekend.

Hope to catch up soon.
 

·
MINI Traitor
Joined
·
4,974 Posts
AussieMini said:
Back in Brisbane now.

Thanks to all for the sympathy. :)

Now everytime I start up the aircon it smells of burnt plastic. I assume BMW will now OZONE my system and my car to rid the stench???

Public holiday in Brisbane tomorrow so I'll be riding BMW's A$$ on Thursday!!!
I'm actually suspicious that it's a strategy to keep the k's down on your MINI :eek:

Seriously though, it doesn't make any sense if yoiu had a leaky heater core for it to smell of burnt plastic. I could understand coolant smell... Maybe that's what you're smelling... Maybe the water shorted something out :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
swamos said:
I'm actually suspicious that it's a strategy to keep the k's down on your MINI :eek:

Seriously though, it doesn't make any sense if yoiu had a leaky heater core for it to smell of burnt plastic. I could understand coolant smell... Maybe that's what you're smelling... Maybe the water shorted something out :eek:
Yeh when I really think about it, it really does smell like something electrical burning. This is a bummer 'cos I cannot use my heater (obviously), aircon or even my fan!!!

I must say though I have decided I will definitely NOT be keeping this car after the warrantee is finished because I'll be just asking for trouble. :(

I may buy another though. :)
 

·
MCSJCW
Joined
·
1,667 Posts
I feel for you Aussie as I have had a heap of drama with my first cooper. Mini Aus were ok but my dealer made me feel abit upset. After buying such a prestiage car, as they say, I felt I would have got better service from Holden or Toyota.
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
21 Participants
minigolf
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing
Top