MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help me...

I have a 2006 Mini Cooper and recently I've been keeping a closer eye on my average fuel consumption. I usually do about 350 miles a month which is almost a full tank (i usually have another 60 miles left before I fill up).

Now my question...My on-board computer ALWAYS says my average consumption is 37.1mpg, even though recently I've been making an effort to drive more economically. Is this figure the average of the whole time I've had the car or just of the current journey? (i.e since the engine has been on).

Do these figures sound good compared to others of you with Coopers?

All (thread related) comments welcome!

·
MINI2 Regular
323 Posts
That will be since you last reset the MPG calculator.
To reset - have the MPG on screen, push and hold the trip button down until it zeros.

·
MINI2 Regular
323 Posts
Would assume so, which is pretty high, i average 26mpg :)
Its the same reset principle for the others (except temp obviously!)

·
Registered
398 Posts
I average about 34 in a pretty standard 55 mini one. I get a poor figure because a lot of my journeys are only a few miles so the engine never really warms up properly

·
Registered
61 Posts
Our MCS convertible is currently showing 25mpg, the wife uses it for work, which involves lots of 'urban' driving so I suppose it's not too bad. Plus we live at the top of a hill and it's hard not to nail it going up home :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
My '52 MCS averages between 34 and 38 depending on how much of it's time is on the M4. I use vPower all the time, it's more economical and the car runs soooo much better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ditto

Our MCS convertible is currently showing 25mpg, the wife uses it for work, which involves lots of 'urban' driving so I suppose it's not too bad. Plus we live at the top of a hill and it's hard not to nail it going up home :D
I have an 08 MCS convertible and avg. 24.6. I noticed that i can get 28 when i drive with the paddle shifters. You can save fuel if you use the paddles wisely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
nicpec
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing