MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

my 52plate MCS has developed a problem this morning, the MPG reading on the on board computer generally gradually climbs, was 16MPG when I picked it up 2 months ago and is now 30.7MPG, however this morning it has started changing continuously as I'm driving ranging from 28 - 33.7 on a 2 mile journey.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Have reset it for now and will keep an eye on it, but looks like it may be expensive.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Just a quick check, is there any chance that you have changed the display from average mpg to 'real time' mpg? Its easy to do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't know it did that! I might of done??

How would I change it?

After reset I drove about 6 miles and it went from 0 to 37mpg by the end of the journey, it seems to have settled on around 35mpg now, but does alter instantly dependant on driving style, so you may well be right.

Many thanks

·
Registered
849 Posts
If you accidentally caught the button on the end of the left hand stalk whilst waving at another MINI it would change it. I think that yours will be the same as mine so just keep pressing the button til the average one comes up again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this the button that changes it between Temp and Average speed etc? I thought i'd done that, but maybe I do have it on the wrong setting, I didn't know it did both. I'd be amazed if the reading of 35mpg was correct anyway.

I'll have another play about tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts